Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Shrockworks Mid Width & Winch

Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by N2rock
Put mine on Friday
Dang, I love that bumper. Heck, I love it so much that I think I will put one on order today. Really! I'm calling in my order this morning! --mark d.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:02 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
Which finish is it?
Originally Posted by gajeep
this is the one I think I am going with too. Just got the driving lights and need a place to mount them. New front bumper seems like a good spot. Anyway, wanted to know the finish on the shrockworks you got here. And also if anyone has a cheaper spot to buy than off their site. PM me if you do. thanks.
Still no answer on the finish?
Old 12-17-2007, 01:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shrockworks does excellent work and there customer service is The VERY BEST!!
Old 12-17-2007, 03:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did anyone that instlled a winch have trouble getting the rear bolts especially the rear driver bolt on the winch plate on. I installed my schrock mid length and the bolt was too short. installed a mile marker 8000 winch.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Do you have a rubi?
I think I read in the instructions that the rubi's have one bolt that's hard to reach and you can disregard it?
Old 12-17-2007, 06:41 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry guys... it's the Black Powder coat finish and I really had zero problems installing both the bumper and the winch. The only problem I had was waiting months to get mine in. It took over twice as long as I was originally told, but as anyone else would say.... It's still worth the wait. Enough so, I placed the Shrockworks stickers on the back side windows to support the guys.

But man that wait was pure

BTW.. Bumper looks great N2Rock!

Last edited by RanMan; 12-18-2007 at 03:55 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:23 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All the finishes are powder coat, the question is -- is it the textured or the semi-gloss black powder coat.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
All the finishes are powder coat, the question is -- is it the textured or the semi-gloss black powder coat.
Textured black powder coat.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought my shrockworks mid through Grubbs Jeep in Grapevine, Tx no waiting and great service. If I had bought it through the company I would have to wait several weeks.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:15 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by N2rock
hmmmm... I don't have a winch yet. I had the guys at Shrockworks install my bumper for me. Couple things they informed me about the winch.

First they told me it is much easier to install the winch before installing the bumper. They said I could still install the winch, it just would've been easier to do before putting the bumper on.

2nd- there is only 2 bolts included for mounting the winch (for the other 2 I should use the bolts that come with the winch). They told me the 2 they supply are for the mounts up front because the bolts that come with the winches are too short for the front... I wonder if the guy doing my install was mistaken and those 2 bolts are actually for the rear mounts?

3rd- they showed me where/how to get the rear bolts on, and they are very difficult to get to, which is why they recommend putting the winch on before the bumper.

The reason it is easier to get the winch on before a complete install is that you will need to remove the skid to get to the rear winch bolts. When installing with a winch, we install the rear winch bolts, then install the skid. We do provide longer bolts for the front of the winch due to the fact that the winch is being bolted through three layers of 3/16" plate (bumper,winch plate,skid). As far as the rear bolts we've heard no problems. If you use the winch mounting bolts there should be no problem, that plate is 3/16". The bolt we say is optional in the instructions is the rear middle skid bolt that is hard to get to due to the Rubi disconnect.

Nick

Quick Reply: Shrockworks Mid Width & Winch