Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Shrockworks bumper finally arrived!

Old 01-13-2008, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shrockworks bumper finally arrived!

After 11 weeks (from the date I ordered until the date I received it) my Shrockworks stubby showed up last Thursday and I had some time to install it this weekend. Very good craftsmanship and it looks soooo good if I do say so myself

Install was easy (minus those stupid plastic screws that infest the stock bumper), I went to wire up my Warn M8000 and discovered that it didn't come with a mounting bracket for the control box. After talking with my local 4wheel shop they said they'd contact Warn and get one to me later this next week.

I only managed to take a few pictures during the install (was pressed for daylight) but here's the before and after:

Old and busted...

New hotness...

3 or 4 other pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/skergX/S...sStubbyInstall
Old 01-13-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi Master

Your Jeep looks much happier with the new Shrockworks.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:24 PM
JK Freak

Looks great....what kind of winch ? and where is the selonoid mounted?
Old 01-14-2008, 05:06 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by dremex

Install was easy (minus those stupid plastic screws that infest the stock bumper)

It looks great! I don't even mess with those on installs, I break out the drill and drill them out...makes it a 2 min job.

Nick
Old 01-14-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looking good. can't wait till my RR bumper shows up. I was going to get the Shockworks mid-width but then i found the RR bumber.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:01 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by dremex
After 11 weeks ...
Cut it out! I just ordered mine a couple weeks ago and I'm waiting. That's mean to go on about how long you had to wait, but how good it is. Mean. Just down right mean!

Actually, I'm just kidding. About the mean part, I mean. Heh-heh. I do have a mid-width on order and, having the rock rails, I know that the wait is worth it. BUT I STILL CAN'T WAIT! Wah-h-h!

P.S.--Yours looks great!
Old 01-14-2008, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikeReo
Looks great....what kind of winch ? and where is the selonoid mounted?
Its a Warn M8000, the solenoid box isn't mounted in the picture because for some reason it didn't come with a mounting bracket, Warn is mailing me one right now but I bought a few metal strips and plan to make my own this week. It'll be just to above and to the left of the actual winch when alls said and done.

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Cut it out! I just ordered mine a couple weeks ago and I'm waiting.
hehe, good luck, it really is worth the wait and I doubt you'll end up waiting nearly as long as I did (since the holidays added an extra week or two).
Old 01-14-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Newbie

I have the Shrockworks Mid on order and they tell me it is scheduled to ship this Thursday. I have the same winch (Warn M8000) sitting in the garage waitin for a home. The folks at Quadratec told me it did not come with the mounting bracket, so I ordered one ($14) with the winch. Hope to post pics soon!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After 11 weeks (from the date I ordered until the date I received it) my Shrockworks stubby showed up last Thursday
The website says 3-4 weeks.

Originally Posted by triplep
I have the Shrockworks Mid on order and they tell me it is scheduled to ship this Thursday. I have the same winch (Warn M8000) sitting in the garage waitin for a home. The folks at Quadratec told me it did not come with the mounting bracket, so I ordered one ($14) with the winch. Hope to post pics soon!
Hey Morgantown, I graduated from University High in 99. Still consider it home (military pulled me away).

Last edited by JulietKilo; 01-15-2008 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

ordered mine at thaksgiving and i'm still waiting got an email from shockworks today and he said 4 more weeks hope it's worth the wait . winch in the box used as a door stop for now

Quick Reply: Shrockworks bumper finally arrived!