Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your (tire) flex!!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 10:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Show your (tire) flex!!!!

Trying to further narrow down my tire selection. One of the things I'm looking for in a tire is the ability to conform and wrap around rocks on the trail when aired down. Some tires do this better than others obviously.

Let's see some pics of how flexy your tires are!! Also give as much info as you can (tire size, wheel size, psi, anything else relavent).
Old 12-12-2007, 05:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i present... 35" BFG T/A's

and they just kepted on going. aired up after the trail and not a problem.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:18 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh, forgot, not only are they 35", but they are on 15" wheels, and i think they were at 15-20 PSI but not sure on that one...
Old 12-12-2007, 05:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The key here is beadlocks........your not going to get much of the flex you are talking about till you drop the pressure way down below what a normal wheel can handle. I used to run 8-10psi on a 12.5" wide tire on an 8" wide wheel but thats about as far as I would go to be safe. Never had one come off. You can get the same amount of flex out of about any tire, but you may have to drop one more psi than another, depending on the weight of the vehicle and the tire load size/sidewall strength. Also remember that when running 37" tires or smaller and dropping down your pressure a good bit, you are really hurting your ground clearance - A 37" tire turns into a 35 aired down (not exact but you get what im saying).

As far as tires that I have seen that flex well and work good on the rocks:

Krawlers
Iroks
TSL's
Pit Bull Rockers

I dont have any pics on my JK, but here is my TJ:

42 Iroks bias on 17X8.5 Walker Evans Beadlocks running 4 psi. Its hard to see but in the pic you can see the right rear tire folding........

As far as up close, this is the only one that I quickly found, you can see the tire folding around the exo on the ZJ:

Last edited by 00pumpkin; 12-12-2007 at 05:27 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00pumpkin
The key here is beadlocks.....[/IMG]

Yeah, I know. I'll eventuall get some, but for now I'm just gonna run these and try not to air down below probably 12 psi, give or take.

I love the Iroks, but I've about decided to get something a little more streetable like the KM2 or Toyo MT. From what little I've seen the KM2's are pretty flexy but I'm afraid the tread won't be agressive enough. Looks like it might not work too good in any mud you might see along the trail.

How stiff is the Toyo sidewall? I can't remember seeing any close-up pics of them aired down.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this isn't me, but here are some cool pics of km2's at 11psi on non-beadlocks:

Quick Reply: Show your (tire) flex!!!!