Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your roof racks on stock jeeps

Old 02-26-2012, 08:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mpg

Originally Posted by Lone Wolf 87
I took it off cause it's killing my mpg ....
^How bad did it hurt your gas mileage?
Old 02-26-2012, 09:57 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TamaleRider
This is my room mates's Gobi on his '12 wrangler. We are in CO so it was free install at the Gobi dealer. Im debating getting one also.Attachment 281318
Where in Colorado did you get it?
Old 02-27-2012, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Cupid
^How bad did it hurt your gas mileage?
I'm pretty tame when I drive sticking around the 2000 rpm range. I used to get 17 - 18 mpg mostly stop and go. I could get it into the 20s on the highway. when added my RR bumper, it dipped to 15 - 16 mpg. Then I added my supercharger and roof rack at nearly the same time and I dipped into the 13 - 15 mpg range. Now that I took the roof rack off I'm keeping an eye to see where my mpgs land now. I dunno if this has an effect, but I use 89 octane gas for the supercharger. I can easily go back to 87 after I switch back to the stock serpentine belt (luckily I got a gen 1 kit so I don't have to retune/ reflash the comp everytime I switch back and forth)

Going back to the OP's subject of roof racks. I wouldn't mind the loss of mpg if I was using the roof rack for it's intended use. Now that spring is around the corner, I might be able to get a kayak and put the rack to use!! Other than that, it just looked like one bad ass expedition modded jeep. So my advice is, if you are going to get a roof rack, put it to use! I like the gobi roof rack cause it's 4 anchor points that you have to worry about. 4 bolts in the front connecting to the light bar, and 2 bolts in the back on tp of the bumper. Get a friend to help you lift it on or off, rebolt and viola.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yea I love that rack and the way it looks. Just so damn expensive compared to some others. Especially when you throw in ladders and other accessories
Old 02-27-2012, 06:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not stock but here is mine. I love my gobi rack. Yes it is pricey but i got it when they had free ladder and wind deflector promotion. I load mine up with two bikes, 110gal. yeti cooler, and camping gear. The thing is stout.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	282784

Quick Reply: Show your roof racks on stock jeeps