Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show Your Rock Sliders

Old 05-06-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

shinˇny (noun) ˈshi-nē
1: a variation of hockey played by children with a curved stick and a ball or block of wood; also : the stick used
Courtesy of Merriam-Webster
Old 05-06-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeeprin

I just looked up ACE. Pretty good price but how do the welds look? How bad have you beat them up?
The welds look good. I've had them for almost 3 weeks so I can't comment on the long term durability. As previously stated they have a lifetime warranty (even when taken Offroad, unlike the vehicle they are attached to) so if there was a problem no big deal. I'm 6'5" and almost 300# and I jumped on them with no effect. Their American made and supported, can't go wrong getting a set.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SLVR07

That rubi looks cherry!
If your talking about this one, it cleans up nice.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2621623104.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	157854  
Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BONDSY
You guys with those new rocker guards, they look cute, and look shinny, and the look bad ass. But go find out how they work. Slip off a ledge a little sideways and see how they hold up. Drag them over some granite boulders, get something to show for. EVO are tried and true. My pics show it.
Is this seriously a competition? Way to become a douche

I believe if rubi rails can take a rock, then anything that has more than a couple bolts holding it on will do fine.

Here are mine and I cant wait to test them on the rocks.

Last edited by racin444; 05-06-2011 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by GutlessPhred

They're not. It is quite easy. I've scratched them up pretty good on the trail and i just touch them up. If i feel that i need to repaint the whole slider, it just unbolts and comes out. its a great design and they work awesome.
Very nice!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:51 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Merlin4979

What a douche comment.

If only you were there to hold our hands before we made out purchases! Then you could teach us all to be as hardcore as you...or maybe there's more than one version of sliders that will work just as well on the rocks and trails.

Oh...and its spelled "shiny"
Please don't be a dumb ass. All I'm pointing out to the op is the fact I have used mine. Absolutely punished mine. There is more to conceder in purchasing sliders than looks and price, but functionality as well. The EVOs look great, and work great and I didn't have to drill into the body to install them.

Oh ....and it's spelled "our"

Im not hardcore,
And I don't hold hands.

Last edited by Absolute; 05-06-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Please don't be a dumb ass. All I'm pointing out to the op is the fact I have used mine. Absolutely punished mine. There is more to conceder in purchasing sliders than looks and price, but functionality as well. The EVOs look great, and work great and I didn't have to drill into the body to install them.

Oh ....and it's spelled "our"

Im not hardcore,
And I don't hold hands.

...aaaand it's spelled "consider."

No body drilling on my LoD's either. I didn't even tap the holes into the frame (per WOL's write-up) - just welded them on. (I can get pics later for anyone wanting to see.) I definitely considered the EVO's too, but liked the step on the others.

Last edited by Merlin4979; 05-06-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 11:34 AM
JK Jedi

No body drilling on my LoD's either. I didn't even tap the holes into the frame (per WOL's write-up) - just welded them on. (I can get pics later for anyone wanting to see.) I definitely considered the EVO's too, but liked the step on the others.
Lol....Originally I was looking at the Shrockworks or the LoD. I'm sure both will hold up as well as others also. But I do know there are sliders that will not. Not all sliders are created equal. Your not a dumb ass. I fell passionate about my sliders simply because they have held up so well.

To the OP, good luck with your purchase.

Last edited by Absolute; 05-06-2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 05-06-2011, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol....Originally I was looking at the Shrockworks or the LoD. I'm sure both will hold up as well as others also. But I do know there are sliders that will not. Not all sliders are created equal. Your not a dumb ass. I fell passionate about my sliders simply because they have held up so well.

To the OP, good luck with your purchase.
Passion is good

I did not mind drilling as I wanted rocker armor as well. To me that's not a bad thing, even with EVO you need to drill for rocker armor. I am sure my brawler rockers will hold up well, and have better clearance. Its all trade offs
Old 05-06-2011, 12:42 PM
MFX
JK Super Freak

My LoD sliders
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jeep May 21 2010 015.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	157936

Quick Reply: Show Your Rock Sliders