Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your rear armor

Old 09-21-2010, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think poison spyders are the best looking best fitting ones... they are only out of 1/8th but mold to the body perfectly.
Old 09-21-2010, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Show your rear armor

Originally Posted by joneszj

For the overkill corners, how was the install? Does it just use nutserts or however you spell em? Any cutting to the body? Are you happy about retaining the stock taillights?
Instal was easy, no cutting
Didn't use the nutserts cause we didn't have a big enough rivet gun so we just used nuts and bolts
Really happy about keeping the stock lights didn't have the dough at the time for lights too
And they have taken several hits very hard, very solid
Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the Overkill concept, the flush round lights just remind me of old cj's. I do agree that it should be riveted for a cleaner look.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Homemade Rear bumper and corners. The rear bumper is about to be redone to have less hanging off.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

Whats the purpose for corner guards? Are they just to look good? I know they would prevent a dent if you hit the cornet, but it's not like you would be taking them off anyway thanks to the drill holes. Wouldn't you be just as well off waiting until you damage something and then covering it up with corner guards?

I'm not bashing. I love the look of them. I'm just not seeing the reason for them.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dronac
Whats the purpose for corner guards? Are they just to look good? I know they would prevent a dent if you hit the cornet, but it's not like you would be taking them off anyway thanks to the drill holes. Wouldn't you be just as well off waiting until you damage something and then covering it up with corner guards?

I'm not bashing. I love the look of them. I'm just not seeing the reason for them.
ive whacked my corners a bunch since i put them on....cheaper to add corners then pay a body shop for repair...if you wait sometimes you lose your lights and or license plate. its whatevers within your budget
Old 09-22-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Freak

I have the Smittybilt XRC with a Rugged Ridge jack bracket. Works and looks great!

Last edited by 4whelin; 09-22-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Where I wheel you need them. The trails are tight and there are trees everywhere. What you can't see in this pic is the stump under my inner fender flare, and right after this pic was taken the stump hit my corner guard. The fix was easy as a 3 minutes with a spray can. If I didn't have a corner guard, it would have been bad body damage and cost alot more to look better than a 3 dollar can of paint.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 PM
qqq
JK Newbie

river raider[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	35305_414556348955_637548955_4380508_3272998_n..jpg
Views:	1200
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	90267[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 207..jpg
Views:	262
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	90265  
Old 09-22-2010, 06:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Three broken taillights, two license plate brackets. I never should've even wasted my money replacing that stuff, but its ok because now my ORO light and license relocate bracket is on order. It's real easy to get corner damage on a lot of the trails here in the northeast, very tight trails, and if you have a stick like me, sometimes you do rock backwards into shit. I'm not 100% on getting these yet, but I think the PSC ones may get my vote so far...but damn those river raider ones look awesome Plus I like that the RR ones come in the smaller size for just about $360.

Quick Reply: Show your rear armor