Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your radar detectors in your jeep

Old 06-27-2008, 04:16 PM
TL1
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by putnam dan
If your doing 50 in a 30, you should be arrested. No excuses
and hopefully no video cameras will be around so the cops can beat on you a little too, lol.

seriously, some clown mentioned that speed doesn't kill but idiots (or words to that effect) do. Well if you are doing 50 in a 30 you are one of the idiots plus if another idiot runs the stop sign in front of you, you're not gonna come to a stop anywhere near what you could at 30mph.

IMO a person caught doing 10+ over any speed limit should have their license pulled for good.
Old 06-27-2008, 04:18 PM
TL1
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by KJRubiconWannaBe
There's no guarantee that even if you are going the speed limited (whether it's 15 or 55) that you'll be able to stop in time to avoid something unavoidable.

Only the driver knows the capabilities of his truck, car, jeep, etc. and his reaction time.

The faster you go, within your own capabilities, the less time you'll be on the road and the less chance of having an accident.
hahahahaha.... i am so glad you live in guam

amazing thought process you've got... amazing
Old 06-27-2008, 04:21 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
i bought my jk so i wouldnt need a radar detector.
Same here...

I figured it'd keep me out of trouble. Little did I know I bought a money pit!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 PM
JK Freak

Whatever.

Speed doesn't kill. Incompetence kills. Get rid of the speed limits all together except for residential areas, school zones, and the busiest city sections.

There's no guarantee that even if you are going the speed limited (whether it's 15 or 55) that you'll be able to stop in time to avoid something unavoidable.

Only the driver knows the capabilities of his truck, car, jeep, etc. and his reaction time.

The faster you go, within your own capabilities, the less time you'll be on the road and the less chance of having an accident.
Wow........
Old 06-27-2008, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, hopefully I'm not shot for this but here we go.
It's a Whistler Pro-78 (Rev C). Its Ka detection is just as good as the x50. Very quiet around town.

I don't speed much. $150 it cost me is cheaper than one ticket/insurance hike. I usually don't go more than 10 over which is basically flowing with traffic around here.

My 2 cents about Radar detectors is that they are tools. If you know how to use one (which there is a lot to learn) it can and will save you. Except cobras, they just suck. I wouldn't go anything lower than a pro-78/xtr-690 or a Beltronics vector series

Last edited by kuba; 06-27-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Default Wow

Originally Posted by TL1
and hopefully no video cameras will be around so the cops can beat on you a little too, lol.

seriously, some clown mentioned that speed doesn't kill but idiots (or words to that effect) do. Well if you are doing 50 in a 30 you are one of the idiots plus if another idiot runs the stop sign in front of you, you're not gonna come to a stop anywhere near what you could at 30mph.

IMO a person caught doing 10+ over any speed limit should have their license pulled for good.

10+ and you get your license pulled?? What kind of Draconian society are you trying to create? Most speed limits have been set for no other reason than cities to set up speed traps to make money. High congested areas and school zones I can understand. But I lived in Germany where many areas have no speed limit, and guess what, they had no more accidents then we do. Probably less even. If you don't want to speed, great for you, just stay out of the left lane so I have room to pass.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OK 1 person out of all the previous post's got what the thread starter wanted and that was to post pics of where you mounted your radar detector in your jeep. He was probably looking to get an idea of where to put one. Not get bashed or debated on to speed or not to speed. or whether or not you need one in a JEEP.

Go with the flow, Just make sure the flow isn't an officer I knew a guy who was behind chp and staying at a steady pace, the officer slowly increased his speed to about 90 in a 65 and he stayed with him. Then the officer pulled into another lane hit the brakes pulled in behind him and then gave him a ticket for speeding
Old 06-27-2008, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dirk Pitt
OK 1 person out of all the previous post's got what the thread starter wanted and that was to post pics of where you mounted your radar detector in your jeep. He was probably looking to get an idea of where to put one. Not get bashed or debated on to speed or not to speed. or whether or not you need one in a JEEP.

speeding
This isn't the first time...

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ighlight=radar
Old 06-28-2008, 06:05 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TL1
hahahahaha.... i am so glad you live in guam

amazing thought process you've got... amazing
Obviously, you didn't catch that bit of sarcasm in there. It seems some people don't comprehend "smiley".
Old 06-28-2008, 06:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by clmahaf1
10+ and you get your license pulled?? What kind of Draconian society are you trying to create? Most speed limits have been set for no other reason than cities to set up speed traps to make money. High congested areas and school zones I can understand. But I lived in Germany where many areas have no speed limit, and guess what, they had no more accidents then we do. Probably less even. If you don't want to speed, great for you, just stay out of the left lane so I have room to pass.
Thank you. I'm glad to see that there are some people that understand that just 'cause you're driving fast doesn't mean you're inherently driving recklessly.

It is possible (and probably more prevelant) to be driving reckless under the speed limit, too.

I think I probably saw less wrecks on the Germany autobahns mile for mile than I have everywhere else in the world.

Quick Reply: Show your radar detectors in your jeep