Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your radar detectors in your jeep

Old 06-27-2008, 07:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Flatland Crawlin'
This is going to get fabulous.

I'm throwing on 28" spinners just thinking about all the possibilities. To hell with the 35s. I'm even throwing out my hi-lift so I can get a radar jammer instead.

Woohoo!

--

I always wanted a jammer, I saw a cop last week, and I bet he was using radar, or having lunch. I want one of those thingamabobs, that make the traffic lights turn green, also. There ain't no lights around here, but it still would be cool to have.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by putnam dan
If your doing 50 in a 30, you should be arrested. No excuses
What if you're cooler than everyone else and deserve to drive that fast?
Old 06-27-2008, 07:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

No jeep owners speed?

I typically do about 80 on the 65 mph highways around here, and i'm just keeping up with traffic. I've thought about getting a radar detector a while back but have heard stories of people still getting nailed. Then when the cop sees the detector they really get F'd in the A. But if i could get a detector free i'd deff. take it.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Wes
JK Enthusiast

I can atest to the importance of a dectertor, I never used one in any of my vehicles until I moved to my University, on campus, the cops have no problem pulling you and writting you a $125 ticket for doing 23 in a 20. With such a small town and campus police station to support, they pull as often as possible. I bought mind specifically for a blind spot going down hill they like to sit at. Have to ride the break all the way down to keep any vehicle under 20mph.

At $149 for my little cobra from best buy, I would say it has paid for it's self numerous times.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by putnam dan
If your doing 50 in a 30, you should be arrested. No excuses
Whatever.

Speed doesn't kill. Incompetence kills. Get rid of the speed limits all together except for residential areas, school zones, and the busiest city sections.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KJRubiconWannaBe
Whatever.

Speed doesn't kill. Incompetence kills. Get rid of the speed limits all together except for residential areas, school zones, and the busiest city sections.

That's funny...so those that are competent have the ability to "just know" when something is going to happen suddenly or when they should slow back down to the posted speed?

Try obeying traffic laws people...its NOT difficult! Speed laws should be removed along with blinkers ... most people don't use them anyway right!?
Old 06-27-2008, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

I used to speed when I had my '04 Nissan Titan. I got many tickets! However when I switched over to the Jeep the detector went in the house! There is no need for it. I just drive the speed limit.
Old 06-27-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

There's no guarantee that even if you are going the speed limited (whether it's 15 or 55) that you'll be able to stop in time to avoid something unavoidable.

Only the driver knows the capabilities of his truck, car, jeep, etc. and his reaction time.

The faster you go, within your own capabilities, the less time you'll be on the road and the less chance of having an accident.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Super Freak

I dont have any pictures but I have a V1 Valentine. It is the best radar detector out there. I didnt buy it for the JK but for my previous vehicle but I still like knowing where the cops are even if I am not speeding. That being said I dont speed very much in the JK but occasionally on the highway.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Out here many interstates are 75mph speed limit. I couldn't go 80mph in my Jeep if I drove it off a cliff....

... But I promise you I could drive it UP that cliff! And THAT, my friends, is what Jeeps are for™

Quick Reply: Show your radar detectors in your jeep