Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show Your Onboard Air System HERE %%%%

Old 08-02-2008, 03:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We take the compartment cover completely off whenever the compressor is on, but no problems at all with the carpet or compressor getting too hot.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JulietKilo
I have the red 60 dollar pep boys pump. It will do a 35 inch tire from 10 to 35 psi in about 4-5 minutes.

EDIT: This one.
I've got the same compressor. I can fill my 33" from 14-30psi in 3:30. I'm just looking for a place to permanently mount it.
Old 08-02-2008, 09:55 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is RubyDoo's system. It used a 2.5 gallon tank and an ARB tire filling compressor and also one of the red comoressors that i already had before getting the 35's. They due a 35 from 10 to 32 in about 2 mins and between going from one side to the other, both shut off.

Old 12-17-2008, 06:11 AM
JK Super Freak

York compressor:

Manifold, oil return / de-oiler, regulator:

Air tanks:

Air gauge:

Air quick connects (one on each side):

js.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jsmoriss
York compressor:

Manifold, oil return / de-oiler, regulator:

Air tanks:

Air gauge:

Air quick connects (one on each side):

js.
DAMN ! your rig is hardcore!--sweet
Old 12-18-2008, 03:02 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
VIAIR Representative

There are some nice setups in this thread. Glad to see that. And as an update to a post I made awhile back I am still working on a mounting kit for the JK's to facilitate mounting a system. I am actually going to be meeting with Woods from Jeep Swag on Monday to go over some design stuff and see if we can get this project moving along. Also on the issue of air tools - most of my OBA's will run air tools, some better than others. And whether you utilize my pumps or somebody elses the thing that you want to be most concerned about if you want to run air tools is the CFM of the compressor. The max working pressure (i.e. 150PSI or 200PSI) is not going to be that critical since you would want to regulate the pressure down to typically 90 PSI. The reason to be concerned wit CFM is that what is going to produce the power for the given air tool. With that being said your best bet is always going to be a dual compressor set up if you want to get the most performance out of say a 1/2 inch impact. The tank size is of minimal importance in regard to running air tools. This is because (as with all compressors) the moment that the compressor kicks on, the tank is no longer in the equation. All the tank is going to do is give you a little bit of cushion during initial tool usage. In regard to duty cycle (and I dont mean to step on anyones post here so I apologize) a 33% duty cycle compressor will always be your best choice for an all around unit. This is because a lower duty cycle unit is always going to be faster that a 100% duty cycle unit in the same class. This will give you faster refresh rates on tank fills, quicker air up times and a higher CFM rating. And the other thing to remember is that duty cycle is always calculated at a specific PSI (typically 100 PSI) and based on a specific ambient temperature ( 72 degrees farenheit is the norm) the temperature is always going to provide the optimum condition for compressor performance and as with air tools requiring a maximum of 90 PSI in most situations this will give you better performance than the rated CFM would be at 100PSI. I'm getting writers cramp so I am going to end this but if anybody has any questions feel free to PM me.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Lee
JK Enthusiast

Here is my VAIR and River Raider setup.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	skid plate setup.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	19769   Click image for larger version

Name:	skid plate mounted finished.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	19770   Click image for larger version

Name:	Compressor switch-relay installed.jpg
Views:	489
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	19771   Click image for larger version

Name:	bumper mounted rear air bib.jpg
Views:	490
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	19772   Click image for larger version

Name:	front bumper mounted air bib.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	19773  

Last edited by Lee; 03-07-2009 at 05:22 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Lee
JK Enthusiast

The compressor is located in the right quarter panel behind the taillight. It was a very tight fit, but works great.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Compressor mounted.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	19774  

Last edited by Lee; 03-07-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Lee
Here is my VAIR and River Raider setup.
Nice setup, I really like the location of the compressor. I have a 2dr and have been looking for a "out of the way" place like this
Old 02-25-2009, 02:42 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
VIAIR Representative

Lee,

Extraordinarily creative!!! Well done!!!

Quick Reply: Show Your Onboard Air System HERE %%%%