Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show Your Onboard Air System HERE %%%%

Old 07-17-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am thinking of getting the Viar kit, but would there be a better kit for a 37 with that same price!?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gunny
I concur , I was thinking of incorporating two into the ends of my stuby.

That's interesting idea...the 2.5 gal tanks I see are running roughly 8"x9"x22"...Question is..would there be enough room or would ya have to go smaller?

And if you could tap them together, could you put 1 pressure switch? as long as there was a feed line between the 2 tanks keeping pressure equal...sounds like a project to me.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

Default Just a thought.

Might be a dumb idea but thinking outloud. Why couldn't an air tank be incorporated into the bumper.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Default Sorry

Should have read the posts before me. So much for thinking I had a original idea.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Newbie

I got a compressor from harbor freight, its VERY similar to a Viair.

Came with a quick connect 30' air hose w/gauge. Airs up 35's from 8 to 30 psi rather quickly, and all for $50.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Freak

guys have been using bumpers and frames as air tanks for years. when i was in the custom truck show scene, it was common for someone to box their frames and use it as a super clean air tank. The only problem i see with this is you need a dryer system or the moisture from the compressor will rust your bumpers from the inside out...seen it happen already.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the red 60 dollar pep boys pump. It will do a 35 inch tire from 10 to 35 psi in about 4-5 minutes.

EDIT: This one.

Last edited by JulietKilo; 08-01-2008 at 09:51 PM.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Here is the link to my original write up on it: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-write-ups-39/fire-engine-horn-board-air-27649/

I installed an on-board air system with a Fire Engine horn at 140db. I also have a manifold set-up with a shrader valve and an air hose chuck so I can connect an air hose to fill up tires or what have you. Here are some of the pics of the horn and compressor (yes my engine compartment is dirty as hell) and a video of the horn going off.

Fire Engine Horn

I tapped into fuse number M-22 (Right Horn) which is on the fuse block under the hood, forward of the battery. I fed that to a switch, then to the relay. When you honk the horn the voltage engages the relay which then shunts 12volts to the solenoid to allow airflow to the horn. The switch is great so you can disable the air horn when you need to be more discrete. I forgot to see which fuse I was tapping into for the Ignition Hot feed to the Air Compressor. But you can judge from the pic (black wire) and check with a multimeter. This is also controlled by a switch that controls a relay. FYI, for those that do not know... you use a relay to prevent a large load across a switch.

Here are the Pics:

Follow the Blue wire for the horn:

Close-up:

Solenoid:

Relays:

Air Manifold:

Air Hose:

Air Tank (Temporary location):
Old 08-01-2008, 10:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

groundrat,

Great wirng and tube job but man that thing is a mess. You need to run that whole setup to a distrubution block and run ONE larger 4 gauge power wire from your battery or fuse block.

I would be worried that the horn, tank, and evap canister is going to get ripped off when you go offroad!
Old 08-02-2008, 03:04 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WifesaJPgirl
I got a compressor from harbor freight, its VERY similar to a Viair.

Came with a quick connect 30' air hose w/gauge. Airs up 35's from 8 to 30 psi rather quickly, and all for $50.
Any issue with the heat/temp of compressor in the storage bin? Would be afraid it would melt the carpet if it got hot enough.

Quick Reply: Show Your Onboard Air System HERE %%%%