Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your NARROW STANCE ! ... wheel spacers need not apply

Old 06-11-2010, 08:35 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show your NARROW STANCE ! ... wheel spacers need not apply

Many trails in Crawlorado become very NARROW in places... whether it’s switch-backing up the side of a mountain, squeezing between boulders and trees or accessing wilderness boundaries through overgrown vegetation. It is beneficial in this state to lift a jeep onto taller tires but keep the width to a minimum.

No offense, but I am not particularly a fan of the way a wide footprint looks, despite their benefits in certain situations. It seems it is becoming harder and harder to find jeeps that keep the wheels tucked in under fender now days.

Please post your NARROW STANCE / FOOTPRINT pics !!! And let us know what makes it that way: wheel/tire combo --- wheel /tire width --- backspacing amount --- wheel offset ????

Last edited by 09Rubix; 04-18-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 06-11-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*cricket....cricket*

I would do an "in person tour" by going to a dealership and looking at the Jeeps with the 16" wheels.
Old 06-11-2010, 11:24 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There a couple of Jeeps I've seen on the forum with "tall skinny's" on 'em. I like the look, too. Earlier in the week I searched on "35x10.50" and came up with a couple. There's also a guy that put 34x9.5x16's SS Narrow's on his Unlimited.

If there was a better selection of 35 or even 36 10.50's, I'd go that route. It's just easier to be like everyone else and do 12.50's.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's my JK with the 3" Teraflex longarms lift and 35x12.50x17" Baja Claws on the stock Moab wheels, no wheel spacers. No rubbing in the rear but had some rub on the sway bar at full lock and the top of the spring mount at full stuff. Pretty narrow though. Tires tucked in under the flares at all times.

Quick Reply: Show your NARROW STANCE ! ... wheel spacers need not apply