Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your GoPro

Old 04-23-2012, 12:10 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just bought the Go Pro Hero 2, paid 350CAD for it comes with headstrap, helmet strap, adhesive mounts, and a 3 way adjustable arm but hopefully its worth it... looking forward to trying out some mounts and different perspectives. As for the fishbowl effect, I believe that is caused by the HD lens when using the waterproof housing. However, I think they now make a replacement lens that fixes that problem, not sure on the price though. Will upload some pics and vids soon.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 AM
JK Newbie

http://vimeo.com/38615586
Old 04-23-2012, 03:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DD88
Awesome! We are actually planning a trip to Aruba this summer and just saw the Jeep Tour thing. How did you like it? Looks fun.

Side question, did you have to do anything special for the underwater shots? Heard there was a focusing issue underwater? Haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by uselessllama
I agree. I'd like to find somewhere inside I can mount, so I can record myself and my passengers!

Just picked up one myself. Here is my first vid the quality suffered when i uploaded it to youtube but you get a good idea of different mount spots.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-s...-gopro-227087/
Old 04-23-2012, 05:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my JK on its first shake down run this weekend. Love this jeep!

But got some footage from the GoPro on the dash, Non-dash stuff isn't GoPro because I find I need a zoom plus getting it off the dash is too much work

I'm still working on the editing side.. I need to make the clips smaller I see.. more than 10 second and I find myself skipping ahead..

Saint John to Sussex - Jeep Style - YouTube

Here is a video I made last year on my TJ

Bear Mtn - Jan 2nd 2011 - YouTube
Old 04-23-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by will16
Awesome! We are actually planning a trip to Aruba this summer and just saw the Jeep Tour thing. How did you like it? Looks fun.

Side question, did you have to do anything special for the underwater shots? Heard there was a focusing issue underwater? Haven't had a chance to try it yet.
Aruba was amazing! The cost for an Unlimited is $110 (+$15 for insurance) for 24 hours, well worth the cost. We basically drove around the whole island offroad. You are not allowed to drive your rental to the Natural Pool, but most people do it anyway (we went there twice). I guess we were lucky since we met several cars with scratches, flats and one with an broken bumper, a short rain easily makes the rocks slippery. Just don't expect any advanced wheeling, my gf drove the Jeep for the first time and she managed to get back and forth without problem.

Im sure you can find the Unlimted cheaper, I was promised a 2012 with Pentastar from Topdrive but they gave me an 2011 instead... Still worth the $110. Aruba is crowded with JK´s so you can easily find someone to wheel with if you don't want to go alone.

Regarding underwater focus. Yeah its a big problem, you really need an aftermarket housing. I bought a "Eye of mine" housing and some extras before we went, you cant find anything except expensive memory cards on Aruba, so buy everything you need before you go there.

I really recommend:
Underwater housing: Flat Lens housing standard
Camera handle: Small camera handle
Camera adapter: Tripod Adapter for Housing

An LCD backpack + extra battery also helps alot.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DD88
Aruba was amazing! The cost for an Unlimited is $110 (+$15 for insurance) for 24 hours, well worth the cost. We basically drove around the whole island offroad. You are not allowed to drive your rental to the Natural Pool, but most people do it anyway (we went there twice). I guess we were lucky since we met several cars with scratches, flats and one with an broken bumper, a short rain easily makes the rocks slippery. Just don't expect any advanced wheeling, my gf drove the Jeep for the first time and she managed to get back and forth without problem.

Im sure you can find the Unlimted cheaper, I was promised a 2012 with Pentastar from Topdrive but they gave me an 2011 instead... Still worth the $110. Aruba is crowded with JK´s so you can easily find someone to wheel with if you don't want to go alone.

Regarding underwater focus. Yeah its a big problem, you really need an aftermarket housing. I bought a "Eye of mine" housing and some extras before we went, you cant find anything except expensive memory cards on Aruba, so buy everything you need before you go there.

I really recommend:
Underwater housing: Flat Lens housing standard
Camera handle: Small camera handle
Camera adapter: Tripod Adapter for Housing

An LCD backpack + extra battery also helps alot.
Cool. Thanks for the info!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Too bulky, I have a contour HD. We mount them to our helmets. Opscore makes rail mounts. We made our own kydex desert digital mounts though, which look a lot cooler. Whatever cam you go with, extra battery and Memory always a good idea.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1229416177.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	308107  

Last edited by Unforgivable; 04-23-2012 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 AM
JK Freak

Here are a couple of my gopro vids
Creek Falls 3-25-12 - YouTube

Creek falls 3/25/12 - YouTube

templton ride 2/26/12 - YouTube

Creek falls 3/25/12 - YouTube

creek falls 3.wmv - YouTube

Quick Reply: Show your GoPro