Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your GoPro

Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJR
I'm dying to get one of these. How much are you buying them at? Anyone get a good deal?

Thanks!

DJR
I bought the Gopro HD Motorsport kit for $149 on Cyber Monday. You should be able to find a kit for between $149 and $199.
Old 12-27-2011, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
I just use window live movie maker. its very basic, but its good enough for me. i have given up adding music though, as the copyright laws make it to hard. i'm tired of uploading videos only to have them refused after several hours of waiting. you'd think these greedy bands would be stoked someone like their music enough to put it in a personal video. Here's a snowboard vid I made yesterday. First time taking the camera up the mountain and conditions were mediocre. There's some jeepin vids on my channel as well.

http://youtu.be/U1kUH7d4uyE
My dream is to go boarding out there by you. I've been to lake Tahoe, Breckinridge in co, and vale co but would love to take a trip to bc.
Old 12-27-2011, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Redman333
My dream is to go boarding out there by you. I've been to lake Tahoe, Breckinridge in co, and vale co but would love to take a trip to bc.
If you get the chance do it. Whistler and Blackcomb are massive. I've been here 14 years and still find new areas all the time. I know my way around Whistler pretty well, but much of Blackcomb is still a mystery. Working on that this year. Also look into Revelstoke, BC. The mountain there now has the highest vertical in North America.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Outshined
Took some video yesterday of our short winter run on the Surprise Lake Trail. It is an area probably about 15 miles east of Carbonado, WA. Footage was shot with the GoPro HD Hero mounted inside with the suction cup vehicle mount. Exterior footage was taken with my buddy's Iphone 4.

We got as far as we could, but the snow was just too deep near the top. We ended up walking to the lake at the top where the snow was roughly 4 feet deep.

A very successful day with no breakages and no injuries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d88hjcN9VS8&feature=share

Adding some custom pinstriping to the Jeeps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weRUt6D4Bc8&context=C38189bdADOEgsToPDskJfvhUM1EssR2cPa0Pv4C0K

What did you use to edit your videos?
Old 01-01-2012, 04:53 PM
JK Freak

I'm a pilot so next time I go up I will try to get some footage. Might mount it to the wing or something like that
Old 01-01-2012, 10:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Outshined
Thanks! It was a perfect day to go up, fresh snow the night before with mostly clear skies while we were there.

Curtis,

I just used Windows Movie Maker that came with my laptop. Nothing fancy.
Thats some nice wheeling there. I'd love to go to a place like that. great video.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have got to get one of these!
Old 01-02-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Freak

ouch that pinstriping video... i dk if Id be able to do that. But hey thats just me...

How come some gopro videos have the fish bowl effect and some do not? is it just people editing the videos? I am gonna shoot some video later maybe.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:48 AM
JK Freak

Nice videos...I gotta get me a GoPro. The Pinstriping the Rubicon I can say for certain I couldn't have done that to my Rubicon. Scars & Trail damage is one thing...but......to each their own
Old 01-02-2012, 11:57 AM
JK Freak

AHHHH ok I have the hero2 ill have to play around with it a bit.

Quick Reply: Show your GoPro