Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your GoPro

Old 12-26-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you guys use for video editing? i just got a gopro for xmas and cant wait to make snowboard vids and jeep vids
Old 12-26-2011, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Hero 2

I'm in the process of exchanging the GoPro HD for the Hero 2 and I'd like to see some more mounting locations and attachment methods as well.

A few things I'd like to see;
I've been trying to figure out a way to mount it high on the rear tire carrier facing the front view to include the trail and the passengers when topless or naked (I'm referring to the jeep being topless & w/o doors)

Bumper mount

safe under carriage

and a quick attachment/release system if I want to to attach it to my buddy's jeep in front or behind me.

**I haven't searched the write-ups section yet so I wonder if anyone has already done this; it would be cool
Old 12-26-2011, 09:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by skippyrock
what do you guys use for video editing? i just got a gopro for xmas and cant wait to make snowboard vids and jeep vids
I just use window live movie maker. its very basic, but its good enough for me. i have given up adding music though, as the copyright laws make it to hard. i'm tired of uploading videos only to have them refused after several hours of waiting. you'd think these greedy bands would be stoked someone like their music enough to put it in a personal video. Here's a snowboard vid I made yesterday. First time taking the camera up the mountain and conditions were mediocre. There's some jeepin vids on my channel as well.

http://youtu.be/U1kUH7d4uyE

Last edited by Rubichronic; 12-26-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use iMovie and iDVD on Mac.. Very easy....
Old 12-27-2011, 03:51 AM
JK Freak

I use Roxio,,, but I'm far from a expert using it.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am using Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0

Originally Posted by MXPXERJK
A few things I'd like to see;
I've been trying to figure out a way to mount it high on the rear tire carrier facing the front view to include the trail and the passengers when topless or naked (I'm referring to the jeep being topless & w/o doors)
Probably the easiest thing would be to use a piece of angle iron and drill a couple of hole in it so it could be secured to the tire carrier's mounting bolts. Then just add a sticky mount to the end of it. Or you could go between the roll bars and secure the angle with some U-bolts.

Originally Posted by MXPXERJK
Bumper mount

safe under carriage

and a quick attachment/release system if I want to to attach it to my buddy's jeep in front or behind me.

**I haven't searched the write-ups section yet so I wonder if anyone has already done this; it would be cool
I have done the bumper and under carriage. Did both of those with sticky mounts. I find the suction cup mount works best for attaching to other people's rigs.

Originally Posted by Rubichronic
i have given up adding music though, as the copyright laws make it to hard. i'm tired of uploading videos only to have them refused after several hours of waiting. you'd think these greedy bands would be stoked someone like their music enough to put it in a personal video.
It's not the bands fault. Youtube is trying to protect itself from prosecution by recording companies like Warner Music Group. There is a dispute process you can go through to get your audio back under the Fair Use clause of the copyright laws. Obviously, some stipulations apply. You can also search google for information on how to bypass Youtube's detection. I have had to do this when the dispute process fails. In my case, I had remixed several clips into a single song. Youtube detected it as a completely different song copyrighted by a company that had nothing to do with the music.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Rubi... i cant wait to get out on the slopes now! damn you.

I guess ill use the windows one. Didnt even know I had that program on my computer. Ive never had to use any movie software. Thanks guys. Im gonna use my chest mount and helmet mount for snowboarding and the suction cup for the jeep. I wonder how well it will stick to the bumper??
Old 12-27-2011, 10:03 AM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

I'm dying to get one of these. How much are you buying them at? Anyone get a good deal?

Thanks!

DJR
Old 12-27-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Mixilpidilstick

After watching many GoPro videos on YouTube, one thing became very clear. The videos need to be edited. It would be great to go with a group of people all sporting videos cameras. Then you could get multiple points of view.

I have also been thinking about other uses for my GoPro. It would be cool to put it on my dog. I think she is a bit small though.
My uncle and I have done exactly that...we're working on a split angle where he's already parked watching me coming and I have the opposite view...looks awesome...
Old 12-27-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Super Freak

I have a sticky mount on my dash, and one on my upper windshield and have a few videos to post.. Only uploaded one from my Jk so far.. I use windows movie maker to edit. Love this camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=vHnUhLigqSI
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2062888044.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	254974   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3275729014.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	254975  

Last edited by SaFFFari; 12-27-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Show your GoPro