Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your GoPro

Old 05-31-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I mounted mine on the dash. Thought about mounting on top of the sports bar, but have not tried it yet.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:35 AM
JK Newbie

I have a Contour HD that I used as a helmet cam in Afghanistan - great little camera (easier to mount and more streamlined than Go Pro)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uselessllama
I agree. I'd like to find somewhere inside I can mount, so I can record myself and my passengers!

Originally Posted by Mixilpidilstick
After watching many GoPro videos on YouTube, one thing became very clear. The videos need to be edited. It would be great to go with a group of people all sporting videos cameras. Then you could get multiple points of view.

I have also been thinking about other uses for my GoPro. It would be cool to put it on my dog. I think she is a bit small though.
After seeing what this thing can do, it makes me want to get another one to mount inside on the rear roll bar, capturing an inside view of the driver and passengers, and picking up audio, etc.

As far as the comment that they need to be edited - that's spot on. My buddy that got me hooked on the camera has a bunch of LONG driving videos on youtube, and quite honestly they're very boring unless you were on the trip and want to relive it. Otherwise, an edited 3-5 minute video is the way to go.

Here is an edited video I put together this morning as an example:
http://www.adamcartwright.com/Photos...5_xrZPgcX-L-LB
Old 05-31-2011, 10:24 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by invictus
I have a Contour HD that I used as a helmet cam in Afghanistan - great little camera (easier to mount and more streamlined than Go Pro)
I'd love to see that footage man. I was looking at the contour also. A lot of my friends have them. Great camera. It doesn't look dumb on the helmet either. But the GoPro has more mounting options. And now you can get the screen on the back and use it like a handheld. That's what swayed me to the GoPro.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MileHighAko

Very simple to setup and use. I have the HD version and my laptop has to work hard to keep up with the file size - they're big. As long as your computer is "current", then you should be fine.

Only gotcha I've found so far is that the standard battery only gets you about 2.5 hours of video time. I've added the 2nd battery backpac and get 4+ hours, which is nice.

To be honest, videos of jeeping are just 'okay'. I've had more fun attaching the camera to my dogs collar and seeing a different perspective of life.
Can you share how you got the camera on your dog? I've been wanting to but can't figure out a good way to do it.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChopN
Can you share how you got the camera on your dog? I've been wanting to but can't figure out a good way to do it.
The GoPro has a setting to record video right-side-up or up-side-down. I set it for up-side-down, and then hung the camera from my dog's collar using some duct tape. My dog is a lab, and so the little bit of weight of the camera didn't bother her at all.

Next time I think I'll mount it (again using duct tape) to a backpack I have for her. That way it's more of a view of her head and beyond. On the collar I got her snout, which was really funny.

Sorry I don't have any of the footage online - when I get some time I'll upload it and share. It's enough to keep you laughing for a long time.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just order the handlebar mount for mine. It should fit well on the cross member of my Rugged Ridge stinger.

I appreciate all the videos that have been posted up. I have some good ideas for filming now. I wish I had some freehanding skills, I would storyboard some of my ideas.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	edocklayout2.jpg
Views:	810
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	166706Click image for larger version

Name:	edocklayout1.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	166707

Attached using Ram Mounts and the Vector Off-Road E-Dock electronics docking system. Gives you complete adjustability.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	edocklayout3.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	166705  

Last edited by Vector Offroad; 06-01-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad
Attachment 166706Attachment 166707

Attached using Ram Mounts and the Vector Off-Road E-Dock electronics docking system. Gives you complete adjustability.
Nice!

You guys any closer to completing an e-doc for the '011? Just wondering...
Old 06-01-2011, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad
I like how adjustable it appears. I had thought about doing something similar to that on mine. Only I was going to use T-Slotted aluminum.

Quick Reply: Show your GoPro