Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your GoPro

Old 05-30-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree. I'd like to find somewhere inside I can mount, so I can record myself and my passengers!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MileHighAko
Very simple to setup and use. I have the HD version and my laptop has to work hard to keep up with the file size - they're big. As long as your computer is "current", then you should be fine.

Only gotcha I've found so far is that the standard battery only gets you about 2.5 hours of video time. I've added the 2nd battery backpac and get 4+ hours, which is nice.

To be honest, videos of jeeping are just 'okay'. I've had more fun attaching the camera to my dogs collar and seeing a different perspective of life.
I want to mount it to my jet ski like this

I have a 24" iMAC so the video download should be no problem. The model I was looking at was the HD hero.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

To be honest, videos of jeeping are just 'okay'. I've had more fun attaching the camera to my dogs collar and seeing a different perspective of life.
After watching many GoPro videos on YouTube, one thing became very clear. The videos need to be edited. It would be great to go with a group of people all sporting videos cameras. Then you could get multiple points of view.

I have also been thinking about other uses for my GoPro. It would be cool to put it on my dog. I think she is a bit small though.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

I mount mine using a Manfrotto 035RL Super Clamp directly to my bumper. You can see some videos I took with it this past Friday here: http://smu.gs/iOH6S9
I like the perspective mounted on the bumper. I might mount mine to my stinger. It would be neat to get some video w/ the winch pulling too.
Old 05-30-2011, 06:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mixilpidilstick
Ouch. I was watching some videos on Youtube where they were mounted underneath. I couldn't think of a safe place to mount it. I doubt they will replace it under warrenty, but you may want to call. Did you SD card survive?
Im going to try and see if they will send me some love and buy the naked package of the 1080p. My last one stopped working after a month and they replaced it in 4 days no questions asked. But that was not operator error. Either way great customer service. I did break it apart completely to save the SD card. Damn thing was 60 bucks. I looks to be ok.
Ive mounted mine on my bike, ski, and snowmobile helmets, swam with it, and mounted under the jk which I now now was a mistake. I have the suction cup mount so next time Im putting it on the hood. Coolest camera ever. Hands down. No jeep footage, but I have some from biking if people just want to see the picture quality. It was at 960p with 30 second frame rate. Of course you tube quality is only 460 so it doesnt do it justice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_WAv...el_video_title
Old 05-30-2011, 10:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love mine!! i just stuck one of the flat mounts on my dash above my steering wheel so i can film out and flip it to film in. the first is a snowboarding video i took in HD
http://youtu.be/jTKaXkxLfPI and here is a video from jeeping and keep in mind i didnt export the jeep video in HD so the quality is so much better
http://lifeisforlivingnotwasting.tumblr.com/post/5954071732#notes-container
Old 05-31-2011, 05:26 AM
JK Freak

Although I have not yet received a GoPro, my concern with mounting it outside the Jeep is getting mud over the lens area. Have there been any issues with this?
Old 05-31-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedJK2
Although I have not yet received a GoPro, my concern with mounting it outside the Jeep is getting mud over the lens area. Have there been any issues with this?
It happens, spray with some water and wipe it off. The lenses are replaceable so if they get scratched its no big deal. The best part about these things is their ability to get wet and muddy.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RedJK2
I little bit of rain-x sprayed on the case, and this problem mostly goes away unless it is big clumps of sticky mud.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:14 AM
JK Newbie

I mount mine using a Manfrotto 035RL Super Clamp directly to my bumper. You can see some videos I took with it this past Friday here: http://smu.gs/iOH6S9

That is awesome! Nice video's! Looks quite strange when the vehicle moves with it mounted out in front on the bumper! I recon on can have a lot of fun with it!

Quick Reply: Show your GoPro