Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your front tinted windows! question for NJ residents!!!

Old 04-20-2010, 12:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pic from the winter, but i have 15% on fronts, not 1 problem and it matches rear perfectly..
usually u wont get bothered in nj for tint unless your driving reckless, speeding, or generally standing out, and if u do get stopped its prob for that and not the tint..
my old ricer back in the day had a loud as hell exhaust and that got me stopped.. then i would also get a tint ticket.. my jeep, and my fit, and my ram before that all had tint and no tickets.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by njbeachrat
You must have extra bright blue lights to be seen through that tint....

its only a matter of time before you will be stopped for your tint, especially if your around north jersey at night. (39:3-75) up to $100. There is always something you can be stopped for. Somethings you would not even know. Such as, I cant tell by your pictures but, if the full width of your tire is not covered by something such as a fender flare at the top of the tire, the vehicle needs to have mud flaps to cover the entire width of the tires (39:3-79.1) up to $50. But tint stands out more and is a common stop for most PD's in the state.
if your driving like a civilized adult and minding your own biz, driving in right lane and obey laws like i do u will prob never be pulled over. yes its illegal and an ordaniance, but generally most dont have a problem... heck.. alot of cops cars and cops personal cars have tint..
Old 04-20-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bkw
New Jersey most certainly does have a tint law. I believe it's the same as New York - No tint allowed on driver/passenger front windows. In Bergen County, the cops are pretty harsh (Englewood / Ft Lee) and pull over tinted cars all the time. I've had them pull out the meter on me before, and have seen them do it to other drivers..

One thing to note that if you do get pulled over for tint and the officer does not have a light meter, theyre supposed to do the 'coin' test. Theyre to pull out a coin and place it behind the window. If the inscription on the coin can be read, then youre supposedly fine.. Urban myth or fact? Dunno.. I havent tried it personally, nor would I attempt to pull that kinda shit with the police.
I said "new jersey has a no tint law" meaning you cant have tints! sorry for the bad wording haha. and i understand it for the police safety, but it looks so much better w/tints
If i decide to do it ill def go with 35%..not too dark, not too light.
but i never heard of the coin thing thats pretty funny though hahaha

Last edited by jfleur91; 04-20-2010 at 06:36 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Re: Show your front tinted windows! question for NJ residents!!!

It's a bit dirty but man tints make it look so sweet!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	62211  
Old 04-21-2010, 11:37 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff
I think cops pick on cars for having tint much more often than trucks/suv's. I've gotten tickets for it on cars before here in PA, but none yet on trucks. My theory is that because a lot of SUVs come stock with tint on the rear windows, if you have the front windows tinted it looks like stock tint at first glance from most angles. I think the cop needs to be more alert and/or bored to pull you over only for tint in a truck. Anyway I'm testing my luck with it some more, just had the fronts done to match the hardtop windows.
great point!!
Old 04-21-2010, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Idriveoverstuff
I think cops pick on cars for having tint much more often than trucks/suv's. I've gotten tickets for it on cars before here in PA, but none yet on trucks. My theory is that because a lot of SUVs come stock with tint on the rear windows, if you have the front windows tinted it looks like stock tint at first glance from most angles. I think the cop needs to be more alert and/or bored to pull you over only for tint in a truck. Anyway I'm testing my luck with it some more, just had the fronts done to match the hardtop windows.
I definitely agree with what you said which is why people havent had many problems in jeeps
Old 04-21-2010, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAND-AID
NJ resident here with 5% tint. I'm also a paid EMT and receive professional courtesy usually from PD. Never had an issue yet. Knock on wood...

[IMG][/IMG]
At least the PD likes yall, Im a paid firefighter and the pd would try to right me two tickets.
bastards
Old 04-21-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by codymac08
At least the PD likes yall, Im a paid firefighter and the pd would try to right me two tickets.
bastards
haha thats actually surprising. they should be more courteous
Old 04-22-2010, 03:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ALang800
Except the fact! If you have out of state plates you can't get a ticket, but it is a reason to get pulled over!!! I rock 20s, in NY, its a preference. I would rather have 20s than a headache from the sun at a 90 degree angle, my personal opinion the new 2010 JK visors are much nice than my TJ, but tints do the trick for me. Plus i hate people staring at my. But tints to talk on a phone or text is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahah agreed. i like it for the look personally. im sure it keeps the cabin cooler on those 90 degree days as well
Old 04-22-2010, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I work for a law firm that handles traffic tickets and I. See people getting them all the time

Quick Reply: Show your front tinted windows! question for NJ residents!!!