Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your front tinted windows! question for NJ residents!!!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure of the %, but it matches the rears...
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default 5% up front

Old 04-19-2010, 04:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SLICKRICKC17
Wow, that's dark, I like it! ...and time for a new front bumper!
Old 04-19-2010, 04:37 PM
JK Super Freak

I was told the factory tint was somewhere around 35%, but found that the 20% up front was a good match.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5125..JPG
Views:	178
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	61944
Old 04-19-2010, 04:41 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jmat1980
I wonder what they would say if you try to go get a state inspection with no doors on I may have to do this just to F#$@K with the jackasses that work at the inspection station...
This is a great idea... most likely they have to pass you as long as you have mirrors.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Thanks everybody

I'm lovin the look of the jk with the tints. Now its just a matter of deciding whether to do them or not. I don't want to spend money to get them put on, then get ticketed and have to take them off. NJ laws..

more pics appreciated
Old 04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by roadking54
Wow, that's dark, I like it! ...and time for a new front bumper!
Thanks lol- that bumper has definitely taken a beating on both sides. Smittybilts front and rear are in the works
Old 04-19-2010, 09:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by ECHO
They all look good!! I might be able to get away with 35% here in PA
Echo, i lived in Pa for most of my 29 yrs, and depending on the local smokeys, you should not have a problem with 35%. I got away with 5% for 2 yrs before moving to Washington. Btw, you have a awesome Jeep
Old 04-20-2010, 08:13 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jfleur91
Hey guys! I'm really wanting to tint my front windows, but here in NJ there is a no tint law.
New Jersey most certainly does have a tint law. I believe it's the same as New York - No tint allowed on driver/passenger front windows. In Bergen County, the cops are pretty harsh (Englewood / Ft Lee) and pull over tinted cars all the time. I've had them pull out the meter on me before, and have seen them do it to other drivers..

One thing to note that if you do get pulled over for tint and the officer does not have a light meter, theyre supposed to do the 'coin' test. Theyre to pull out a coin and place it behind the window. If the inscription on the coin can be read, then youre supposedly fine.. Urban myth or fact? Dunno.. I havent tried it personally, nor would I attempt to pull that kinda shit with the police.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAND-AID
NJ resident here with 5% tint. I'm also a paid EMT and receive professional courtesy usually from PD. Never had an issue yet. Knock on wood...

[IMG][/IMG]

You must have extra bright blue lights to be seen through that tint....

its only a matter of time before you will be stopped for your tint, especially if your around north jersey at night. (39:3-75) up to $100. There is always something you can be stopped for. Somethings you would not even know. Such as, I cant tell by your pictures but, if the full width of your tire is not covered by something such as a fender flare at the top of the tire, the vehicle needs to have mud flaps to cover the entire width of the tires (39:3-79.1) up to $50. But tint stands out more and is a common stop for most PD's in the state.

Last edited by njbeachrat; 04-20-2010 at 10:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Show your front tinted windows! question for NJ residents!!!