Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your custom metal work!

Old 08-27-2007, 04:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

time to bump this thread up...
here is the face of the bumper being built by myself. Just bends, no cuts yet. What you think?
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't do the bending or welding, but the idea and paint job are my handy work.

Modified Rubicon rock rails.

Old 08-27-2007, 10:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryans_JK
I didn't do the bending or welding, but the idea and paint job are my handy work.

I like!!! Especially the bumper.

How sturdy are the sliders?
Old 08-28-2007, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 2K1TJ
I like!!! Especially the bumper.

How sturdy are the sliders?
x2 .
Old 08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can stand on them and they will flex just a little and I'm about 200 lbs. I do want to rienforce the bracket that bolts under the cab to help stiffen them up a little more.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

The same guy that modded Ryan's sliders did mine. I had him angle my tubing upwards slightly to hide a bit more of the bend in the body, and I painted mine with Rustoleum Hammer Black paint. I also had to cut 1.5" off the rear of each slider to make room for the 37's.

Oh, also in this thread are some pics of my stubby bumper mod. I sectioned the ends and reattached the stock end pieces on each side. I still need to sand the area where I attached them, and then I am going to prep and paint the entire bumper so it matches my sliders.

Last edited by RedRockJK; 09-15-2007 at 08:30 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

How sturdy are the moddified rails? Do they flex at all if you use as a step? Have you come down or scrapped on them yet?
Old 09-16-2007, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

This is one of my projects i got going right now. I modeled it after shrockworks stubby. I got one end ground down smooth. I probably have a half day of clean-up work to do on it yet. Then i am going to have a shop add d-ring tabs and get a winch hoop bent. I also have to cut out the skid that will go with it, ala shrockworks skid.
I am not sure what direction i am going to go though, either integrate a winch and after market lights, or stock lights and do a top mount winch.
I am thinking of having Poject-JK.com or the PJ-JK logo plasma cut into the skid.

What do you guys think? What way do you think i shoud go with the winch option? I know there will be no powerplant mounted there, thats for sure

Constructive criticizm is welcomed.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
NOTE: THE PLASTIC SKID WILL NOT BE USED
Old 09-16-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BLKRuby
How sturdy are the moddified rails? Do they flex at all if you use as a step? Have you come down or scrapped on them yet?
Yes they flex a little (not much, and I weight about 220) when you step on them, and yes I have scraped them. There is a spot on one of the harder trails I ran yesterday where you have to squeeze between a couple of BIG rocks. It's almost impossible to come through that spot without banging something. I caught about the last foot of the passenger side tube section on the rock and pivoted off it to make it through. The tubing saved my rear flare from being ripped off, and it was not bent, and neither was the stock slider. I had these done on a semi-temporary basis since it was taking so long for one guy to build my custom sliders. They will serve me well until I get my new ones, then I can pass these on to someone else.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:42 PM
JK Newbie

IF you click on the picture you can see my front and rear bumbers that I made
a couple of weekends ago.

Quick Reply: Show your custom metal work!