Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your BLACK WHEELS!!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:39 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wolfosJK
Im going to be putting a 4" Zone lift on soon and am looking for some new meats. When I was at Big O tires, the salesman was telling me that I prob wouldnt be able to clear the brakes with any wheel smaller then 16". I've seen alot of ppl on this thread using 15x8s. So am i being misinformed on this fact?

Also, he was telling me that if i wanted to use 35x12.50, i would need a 9 or 10" wheel instead of the 8" wide like it seems alot of ppl are using. Can somebody set me straight on this so I know def what i need. Thanks!
Well, technically to make the tire wear properly you do need a 9-10" wide wheel. However, most of us run an 8" wide wheel because it allows us to air down farther without the risk of breaking a bead offroad. But, the center of the tire will wear faster than the outsides of the tire if run at the proper air pressure. You can get it to wear flat if you run a lower air pressure. Although this will cause worse fuel economy, and will cause more heat buildup in the tire. So its kind of a trade off.

As for 15" wheels, most people have to grind a bit of the caliper to fit them.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:20 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wolfosJK
Im going to be putting a 4" Zone lift on soon and am looking for some new meats. When I was at Big O tires, the salesman was telling me that I prob wouldnt be able to clear the brakes with any wheel smaller then 16". I've seen alot of ppl on this thread using 15x8s. So am i being misinformed on this fact?

Also, he was telling me that if i wanted to use 35x12.50, i would need a 9 or 10" wheel instead of the 8" wide like it seems alot of ppl are using. Can somebody set me straight on this so I know def what i need. Thanks!
I got lucky. Mine didnt rub. they are 15x8 3.75 backspace. Tires are 35x13.5. Just got to run a lower psi to get an even footprint like stuka said.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:26 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BiGEN
IM SAD!! MY WHEELS HAVENT BEEN RELEASED YET AND I CANT WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!
what wheels you waiting on?
Old 04-01-2009, 06:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by s_tee
they're 17"ruggid ridge rims with 33" dc's on them

nice rims man,where did you buy them if you don`t mind me asking?
Old 04-01-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not sure if this was a good idea or not looking at the rims. I had decided on Two different rims - The Mickey Thompson Side Biter and the Pro Comp 7189. You guys are killing me. If i change my mind again, he will surely not like it.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:11 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by KarenS
Not sure if this was a good idea or not looking at the rims. I had decided on Two different rims - The Mickey Thompson Side Biter and the Pro Comp 7189. You guys are killing me. If i change my mind again, he will surely not like it.
i would pick something other than the sidebiters...m/t is having severe problems getting these out of production for some reason.......
Old 04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by KarenS
Originally Posted by ben1284
i would pick something other than the sidebiters...m/t is having severe problems getting these out of production for some reason.......
same thing goes for the 7189s......they've been on backorder for ages now, some people ordered them at the end of the summer and still dont have them.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:22 AM
JK Freak

i like this one , i really show my black wheel

Old 04-04-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default kmc rockstars

Originally Posted by twinturbostang
I saw these black wheels this weekend at a show.
What wheels are they?
They would look sick on a JK.
they are the kmc rockstar wheels. I have seen them on a jeep and look badass
Old 04-04-2009, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

kmc rockstar wheels

Quick Reply: Show your BLACK WHEELS!!