Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show your altered finish on Rubi Moab wheels.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show your altered finish on Rubi Moab wheels.

Would like to see some pics of different things done to rubi rims such as painted, powdercoated, polished, different taped up accents such as leaving the outer lip silver then black out the spokes, etc...

My rubi machine finish rims are starting to look a bit too scratched up & rashed for my eyes and I'm thinking about coating them with this stuff....por15.com/HARDNOSE-PAINT/productinfo/HNGB/

I used Por 15 a few years ago and it's amazing. Put it on with a brush and it levels itself with no brush marks. I would think that it would hold up better then anything. Way stronger then powdercoat. I was thinking about just painting the whole wheel in dark gray or going black actually fine line taping the wheels leaving the factory inner gray accents along with the lug nut elongated areas , then leaving the machine finish lip. Not sure how Por-15 would work when pealing fine line tape off.

Anyhow, please post some pics of your altered finishes!

Last edited by JackMac4; 02-02-2010 at 06:37 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

78 views and nobody got pic or comment.
Old 02-02-2010, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I would go with black and let me know how it works out I tore up on of my rims real bad and if you have good result I might do the same.

Quick Reply: Show your altered finish on Rubi Moab wheels.