Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show you my budget gauge holder

Old 03-12-2010, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show you my budget gauge holder

Here’s my write up on a budget gauge pod. I came up with the idea when looking for a pod from somewhere local. There wasn’t one anywhere in town except for the multi pod pillar mounted that doesn’t fit the JK. So I came up with my own idea. Yes it has been tested and that’s where tightening the zip tie around the tweeter comes in. Sorry for the guys without the Infinity speaker system, no tweeter no workie.

It can be change easily to your preference, from the color of the ties to the support piece shape and material.

Parts needed:
3 nylon ties (any color)
Triangular piece of neoprene

First step: Place one nylon tie around JK tweeter snuggly. Allow enough room to add other ties in Steps 2 & 3.
Second Step: Place gauge by tweeter and first tie and secure it to one side of gauge mounting bracket, supplied by gauge maker, and back through the first tie around tweeter.
Third Step: Run a tie through the bracket on the other side of gauge and under gauge back through the first tie.
Forth Step: Start tightening second and third tie using them to level the gauge until ties are tight. At this time the first tie can be pulled tight. The main reason for tightening it is so the gauge won't bounce off tweeter housing if your JK grabs a little air once in awhile.
Fifth step: Add neoprene piece under gauge to protect it and the dash.

Hope this help you budget minded folks out there. Just trying to show Jeep isn't a bad name. So Just Empty Every Pocket does not apply here, unless you buy those fancy ties with metal locking teeth or use a piece of gold for support.
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030999 a.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	38734

Name:	P10309971.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	38735
Old 03-12-2010, 09:35 AM
JK Newbie

Here are some more pics of the gauge installed.

Name:	P1030996.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	38741

Name:	P1030998.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	38742

Here is a pic of my Jeep too!

Name:	3727k4d20.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	38743
Old 03-12-2010, 09:56 AM
JK Freak

haha zip ties around the tweeters. so ghetto but so functional as well!
Old 03-12-2010, 10:20 AM
JK Newbie

Looked at those on camp 4x4, real nice. Just not sure if I want single pods or multi. Thinking about making one that mounts above the stereo on the dash. There is a triple pod for a Subaru that looks pretty cool and kind of model it after. Just want something different. Don't like to do the Twinkie thing.
Yea it is a little ghetto, but still cheap and functional
Just got my supercharger back from Ripp and trying to get everything running smooth. Needed to see vac/boost right then. Also want to say the guys at Ripp are awesome. Got the supercharger second hand and had some trouble with it but they warranted it. No questions asked and they knew I wasn't the original buyer. Thanks to Ross and Mathew at Ripp two great guys and very knowledgeable of their product. They also said that that model is pretty bullet proof. Hasn’t had that model come back yet.

Quick Reply: Show you my budget gauge holder