Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show Us Your Project-JK.com Decals!!

Old 05-29-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[IMG][/url][/IMG]
Old 05-29-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Freak

My JK Rubicon Unlimited, Thanks Eddie & Cindy
Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Last edited by schwarzjp; 07-08-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2007, 03:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Like I said in another post, I royally messed up the first one doing the driver's side. Yesterday I attempted the pass. side and it came out great. Is there a trick for removing one? I ordered new ones for the blunder side.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07rube
Like I said in another post, I royally messed up the first one doing the driver's side. Yesterday I attempted the pass. side and it came out great. Is there a trick for removing one? I ordered new ones for the blunder side.
No trick, just fingernails... and cleaning the area after you get it peeled off..

When you apply the new one.. Make sure you go from one side to the other with the c card or plastic card to press the decal in place ..WHILE at the same time pulling the decal paper away from underneath.. That should get all the bubbles out.. Look carefully and use the plastic card to press and scrape the corners down, bubbles out if any.. Before you peel the top tape off..(at a right angle so as not to lift the decal).. Good luck
Old 06-18-2007, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Help!! I keep messing up the decals when I go to put them on. When trying to get the first backing off (to put it on the jeep), the sticker comes with the backing and messes the entire thing up by bunching up.

Any suggestions for how to do this without buying yet more stickers? (Not that I don't want to support the forum, I just want the stickers to be ON the jeep, not on the paper : ) )

thanx!!
Old 06-19-2007, 04:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by KrasnayaZnamya
Help!! I keep messing up the decals when I go to put them on. When trying to get the first backing off (to put it on the jeep), the sticker comes with the backing and messes the entire thing up by bunching up.

Any suggestions for how to do this without buying yet more stickers? (Not that I don't want to support the forum, I just want the stickers to be ON the jeep, not on the paper : ) )

thanx!!
before you remove the backing, rub the top (semi opaque transfer paper) down firmly with the edge of a credit card or automotive bondo spreader. When you do, you can see the transfer paper change color slightly as air and such gets squeezed out. Then, when you pull the backing off, do it slowly and at a sharp angle. If the sticker starts to stay on the backing, stop. Back up and try squeezing the sticker back down between the backing and transfer paper just a little ways and try again. If you hit a stubborn spot (like say the sharp points of the "K"), try peeling from the opposite direction. Sharp points will lift easily and bug the crap out of you if you attack them from the point. Just come at them from the opposite direction if possible. If you get a spot that just plain refuses to cooperate, lift and edge of it slightly with a razorblade, and press down with the transfer paper to get it to stick.

Usually just firmly pressing on the transfer paper before you start will solve most of the lifting issues, but every so often you hit one that is a PITA to deal with. Just go slow, reaffix it as you go as needed.

I hope that helps.
Old 06-19-2007, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think the decal has a tendency to stick to the paper more if the decals are warm...i.e. left in the sun while you prep the location. Like Happy said, rubbing the top of the paper before you remove the backing should fix things...worked for me.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:09 PM
JK Super Freak

I left mine in the Jeep for a day or two and thought it peeled off better. Here's some pics.
A right side view.

A left side view.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Decal installation

Here are a few shots of my Project-JK decals installed. I haven't seen any installed under the factory decals, but I think it looks pretty good. P.S. I think I;m the only one representing the Project-JK stickers over here in Germany.

this one at the foot of the Bavarian Alps in Garmisch-Partenkirchen,Germany

Last edited by Clownhunter69; 07-04-2007 at 12:33 PM. Reason: New Pictures

Quick Reply: Show Us Your Project-JK.com Decals!!