Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show us the stickers.

Old 10-28-2014, 10:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Old Guard
Same here.
LOL, sigh...it is an impossible task to wage a discussion with those ill equipped to do so.

I have given you actual doctrine and code as it pertains to the flag and you have returned with "Well, 'Merica..."

Good luck, ignore away so you don't have to deal with actual thought. 5 Monkeys!
Old 10-28-2014, 10:43 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AirborneJK
LOL, sigh...it is an impossible task to wage a discussion with those ill equipped to do so.

I have given you actual doctrine and code as it pertains to the flag and you have returned with "Well, 'Merica..."

Good luck, ignore away so you don't have to deal with actual thought. 5 Monkeys!

UNITED STATES CODE
TITLE 36
CHAPTER 10
§176. Respect for flag

(e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way.

So if we want to get ridiculous about it, can the flag get soiled where you currently have it displayed? If we are following code and all.

Soil - to make unclean, dirty, or filthy, especially on the surface
Old 10-28-2014, 11:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Walmrtgreetr
UNITED STATES CODE TITLE 36 CHAPTER 10 §176. Respect for flag (e) The flag should never be fastened, displayed, used, or stored in such a manner as to permit it to be easily torn, soiled, or damaged in any way. So if we want to get ridiculous about it, can the flag get soiled where you currently have it displayed? If we are following code and all. Soil - to make unclean, dirty, or filthy, especially on the surface
You may be missing the point...

I'm sure if you keep reading you will see the difference between a "US Flag" and "representation or reproduction" of a US Flag.

It may not have been clear for you in the picture, but mine is in fact Vinyl, not an actual flag, by definition being a representation of the flag only; not bound by any codes anyway.

So, connecting the dots you will find that the original argument of "'Merica, these stars only move forward" would not only be incorrect but have nothing to do with a sticker on a vehicle.

"In a democracy, two idiots always outvote a genius"
Old 10-28-2014, 11:55 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AirborneJK
You may be missing the point...

I'm sure if you keep reading you will see the difference between a "US Flag" and "representation or reproduction" of a US Flag.

It may not have been clear for you in the picture, but mine is in fact Vinyl, not an actual flag, by definition being a representation of the flag only; not bound by any codes anyway.

So, connecting the dots you will find that the original argument of "'Merica, these stars only move forward" would not only be incorrect but have nothing to do with a sticker on a vehicle.

"In a democracy, two idiots always outvote a genius"

I am very aware of the material used in making stickers and the fact that a "Flag" as it refers in US code is not referring to a plastic sticker. However you used it as a reference to what guides us on the display of an American flag for "everything else".

That being said I will refrain from clogging up this thread any longer with banter.
Old 10-28-2014, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Man, the next time I consider giving someone a kind piece of advice, I'll remember this thread and keep my damn mouth shut...
Old 10-28-2014, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW, welcome to the forum Eyebedam! We're not all assholes on here!
Old 10-28-2014, 12:34 PM
RC3
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No Flames Please!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stickers.jpg
Views:	662
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	581950
Old 10-28-2014, 01:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MrChuckles
BTW, welcome to the forum Eyebedam! We're not all assholes on here!
Thank you & no worries.... There is always atleast 1 in every bunch.... Although I do realize this isn't facebook, this pic comes to mid..
Old 10-28-2014, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Put these on few weeks ago
Old 10-28-2014, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Messed that up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20141028_173216.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	35.9 KB