Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show and Tell: Rock Krawler Style

Old 02-01-2016, 06:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drtyrat30
here are the instructions that came with my 3.5 X-factor. Has bolt size and install info. I realize you don't have the kit and you are upgrading, I was just letting you know what the kit has and wants. You could probably find a set of 3/8 self taping thread bolts at fastenal or tractor supply.
RK does not provide these bolts with their kit. I upgraded from the 2.5 to the 3.5 and just went to Fastenal and picked up several of these self-tapping bolts. Good thing I bought more than two. I had one snap the head off as I was threading it in with cutting oil. Luckily, I had enough exposed thread to get a set of locking pliers and unbolt it out of the hole.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Chuck-The-Ripper
You're a genius. I'm definitely copying this!
I should patent it "The JamNutter2000". If anyone needs to borrow it when I'm done its in NorCal
Old 02-01-2016, 07:30 AM
JK Newbie

Just drilled and tapped it with new 3/8" grade 8 bolts - worked fine.

Quick Reply: Show and Tell: Rock Krawler Style