Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show: Sport Bars without padding

Old 04-09-2010, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show: Sport Bars without padding

Anyone take off the padding on their stock sports bar?

Probably not a lot of effort just to do it myself and see the result..but if you have pix.. and an opinion on the look/functionality of it lemme know!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by PCHSahara
Anyone take off the padding on their stock sports bar?

Probably not a lot of effort just to do it myself and see the result..but if you have pix.. and an opinion on the look/functionality of it lemme know!
most likely you won't want to do this because they're unsightly to look at. They're not painted and don't match the Jeep. I know when I went to look at mine they're a drab greenish primer color not black like the rest of the jeep. It's just another way they shave a few bucks off of the overall price.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

I did it a LONG time ago. Painted them rattle can flat black. Called it a day. Plus, with the OR FAB sport cage, it ties it in well.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

thx for the pic!

any additional rattling or leaking with all the padding removed when the top is up?

Quick Reply: Show: Sport Bars without padding