Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show off your shift knobs!

Old 01-26-2011, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikey1989
here is mine
Bad ass!!!!!!!!
Old 01-26-2011, 02:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SilverShift
Guys with the Billard balls, please share where you got them from!! or did you simply steal one from the pool table and drill it in?
I used to have one before I extended my shifter. All I did was drill it out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4185685833.jpg
Views:	2101
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	121633  
Old 01-26-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shifter questions

Guys with the Billard balls, please share where you got them from!! or did you simply steal one from the pool table and drill it in?
www.gennieshifter.com has a huge supply of shift knobs and adapters (auto and manual). I forget the name of the adapter for the JK, but the folks at Gennie will know what you need. On the manual, it uses 3 set screws to attach to the end which works to extend the shifter about an inch.

Billiard balls do fit your hand well and are comfortable. I went with the 6 because then I won't forget how many gears and cylinders I have. (My LandShark needs to earn the 8 ball by getting a hemi first)
Old 01-26-2011, 06:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itsajeepthing91
If there's anything more specific you want a picture of just let me know
are those the katzkin covers? They look great!
Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bluejk09
That's really cool. Where did you get the adapter to allow the Hurst shifter to work on the auto? What was involved in the install?
same i reallly want a new shifter for my auto(wish it wasn't an auto but thats what i got so...)
Old 01-26-2011, 07:18 AM
JK Freak

I just went to a local pool hall & bar, that I have a beer at now and then, at mid afternoon (so as not to bother them during busy time) and asked the sweet bartender if she had any odd pool balls from incomplete sets that I could drill for a sift knob. She produced two and asked which one I would like - I offered to pay, but she said next time ya in here tip a bit more! Was that easy!

I checked the dia of the shifter, put tape around the drill bit so I could get about 1/2 way into the pool ball, drilled a hole, used some sand paper to 'rough up' the shift lever and used a 'strong' two stage epoxy - took about 20 minutes total.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sukemecuke

are those the katzkin covers? They look great!
They are rugged ridge seat covers
Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bluejk09
That's really cool. Where did you get the adapter to allow the Hurst shifter to work on the auto? What was involved in the install?
Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn

i would like to know that answer as well. would love to get a nice looking shifter for my auto as well.
Originally Posted by Brewski1228

Please please please tell us how you got that hurst shifter to work with a auto. gotta have it.
I got the adapter from gennie shifter and it's called the lo-dapt II. It accepts a certain size thread shift knob, my hurst shifter was for a camaro. Knob thread is 16mm X 1.50 and part number is 1051 from gennie shifter.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by fastrat350
I got the adapter from gennie shifter and it's called the lo-dapt II. It accepts a certain size thread shift knob, my hurst shifter was for a camaro. Knob thread is 16mm X 1.50 and part number is 1051 from gennie shifter.
what about the push button on the side of our auto shifters, do these aftermarket shifter knobs have the push buttons still? and like the billiards balls obviously they don't have the push button, so are the autos able to use them??? i'm really wanting to get one for the jk, and looking to get one for my gpas 51 chevy truck rat rod as well.
Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

Default auto, manual, buttons, etc.

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
what about the push button on the side of our auto shifters, do these aftermarket shifter knobs have the push buttons still? and like the billiards balls obviously they don't have the push button, so are the autos able to use them??? i'm really wanting to get one for the jk, and looking to get one for my gpas 51 chevy truck rat rod as well.
Go look at Gennie's website (link is in my previous post). They've got different options for auto and manaual, depending on the shift knob you want.

Quick Reply: Show off your shift knobs!