Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show off your roof rack

Old 04-10-2012, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 04-10-2012, 12:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973

I get some noise with mine, some rattles and whatnot, but all that is offset by the coolness factor. There would be less rattles if the dealership which installed it put silicone in the tubes before they put the rack together though...I can't really complain though since I did get it for a wicked deal. Still love the roof rack. I think more so than the utility of it, I just love how it looks on the Jeep.
Can others comment on the wind noise too? How obvious is it that you have a rack up top when you're moving at 70 mph with the hard top on. They look sweet and could be highly functional, but I fear could be noisy too! Thanks!
Old 04-16-2012, 01:43 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I get all sorts of wind noise now, but It's more from the 6" lights than the rack itself. The rack and ligths have taken away from mpgs as well with all the air resistance it creates. 55-65 is not bad, but 70-80 just feels like your draggin a sail with you when you let off the skinny pedal.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:00 PM
JK Freak

Obviously my setup is not the norm, but I get minimal wind noise at the windshield bar and nothing farther back. I feel very little drag with the rack installed. With the 40s I am still getting 11.5-12.5 around town; pushing 13-14 on short runs down the higway. Looking forward to long trips this Summer for the real test.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

These tent systems you guys are running up top I must have one where can I find them
Old 04-17-2012, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Lots of vendors. Check some of the Expo sites. Google rooftop tent as well, aaannnnddddd BOOOM there ya go.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:49 PM
JK Newbie

Just a bitchin' Jeep!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Markdsv
Love my MBRP roof rack, snorkel, ANZO lights, ARB tent and awning......and fridge

That is one bad ass set up!!!
Old 05-08-2012, 04:11 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markdsv
Love my MBRP roof rack, snorkel, ANZO lights, ARB tent and awning......and fridge

What model jeep is that? Looking to build out a jeep for the wife and we both really like this setup.
Old 05-21-2012, 09:58 AM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up Gobi Stealth

Originally Posted by Extremehabit
Can others comment on the wind noise too? How obvious is it that you have a rack up top when you're moving at 70 mph with the hard top on. They look sweet and could be highly functional, but I fear could be noisy too! Thanks!
I have the gobi stealth with a properly set up fairing on a 2012 with hardtop (incase any of that matters). Almost no noise until 70, then there is a slight disturbance around the back of the rear doors. The fairing redirects the front wind all the way until this point and then I'm guessing an eddy current creates the disturbance/noise I'm hearing about there.

Then the noise disappears around 80 But that's because there is enough other wind noise.

Of course all of this is empty. You put a load on top and it sounds like a haunted house on my roof.

Quick Reply: Show off your roof rack