Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show Off Your Rig For Charity

Old 09-10-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Show Off Your Rig For Charity

I posted a similar thread in the Lone Star State forum earlier, but at the suggestion of another member, I have decided to post it here too for possibly more visibility.

My church is having community free for all in San Antonio, TX on October 16, 2010 . Our tentative time frame is from 4:00 pm until 7:00 pm. The purpose of the free for all is to just come together and celebrate. Some other things that are in the works for the event include, classic cars, motorcycles, food, & live music. We also looking into having local fire and police on hand for safety demonstrations as well.

I am a member of the organizing committee, specifically in charge of exhibits. I instantly thought of having a bunch of Jeeps on display. So, I am officially calling for anybody who has a rig that they want to show off to post to this thread that you would like to participate. I would love to see a great turn out by forum members in particular, but would be really happy to get any Jeeps. And, although I specifically mentioned S. TX Jeepers, I don't want to restrict it to just that crowd. If there are any Jeepers who are not from the area, but will happen to be here on that date, and want to participate, I would be glad to have you there.

As part of the Jeep display I am considering some "Only in a Jeep" demonstrations too. Nothing but ideas at this point, but some of them include a flex demonstration, or maybe car from a salvage yard. I even thought of offering rides in some jeeps, although that my prove to be logistically and legally challenging. The ideas are practically endless. If you have any ideas, or are able/willing to provide some demonstration assistance/gear please post that info too.

We have a planning meeting September 16 and I would love to have some confirmed attendees by then. I know this forum is the place to get it done. I would love the opportunity to have some of you come out and show of your rigs, so post up guys and gals!

Thanks in advance for your responses!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Junkie

BUMP!

We had our 3rd meeting last night. The exhibits are struggling right now. We have plans for classic cars but many of them are already obligated for other events that day. As it stands, we'll have maybe 2 cars. Our Harley contact is still thinking about it. I'm loosing confidence in the bikers altogether. As for the Jeeps, my lift and tires will be in so I'll be there for sure.

I really think a bunch of BAD A$$ Jeeps would draw in people. So, please, please help me out folks.

Thanks!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hook-Em
BUMP!

We had our 3rd meeting last night. The exhibits are struggling right now. We have plans for classic cars but many of them are already obligated for other events that day. As it stands, we'll have maybe 2 cars. Our Harley contact is still thinking about it. I'm loosing confidence in the bikers altogether. As for the Jeeps, my lift and tires will be in so I'll be there for sure.

I really think a bunch of BAD A$$ Jeeps would draw in people. So, please, please help me out folks.

Thanks!
I think this is a pretty cool cause. We moved from Texas a while back, but If I was still there I would help you out.

Contact SAJE-San Antonio Jeep Exclusive, 148 Melrose Place and talk to Jack Brinks or Geoff Mason, they should be able to help you out.

Or you can try the folks at Lone Star Jeep Club.

I am sure these guys can rally the troops for ya.
Old 09-17-2010, 10:46 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by rutdigger
I think this is a pretty cool cause. We moved from Texas a while back, but If I was still there I would help you out.

Contact SAJE-San Antonio Jeep Exclusive, 148 Melrose Place and talk to Jack Brinks or Geoff Mason, they should be able to help you out.

Or you can try the folks at Lone Star Jeep Club.

I am sure these guys can rally the troops for ya.
Thanks!!!!!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks!!!!!
Your welcome. Take some pics of the event and let us know how it went..
Old 09-20-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Junkie

Will do! The commitments are starting to come together now. I have 5 for sure, with a possible 9 as it stands right now. I also have some other things working that will hopefully get us up over 12, which is the arbitrary number I had in my head.

I'm feeling much better about it today than I was this time last week. Thanks to everybody who has provided positive feedback and/or have committed to participate.

I will be PM'ing all those who have expressed interest or committed to attend on October 1st so we can begin planning how we want to set up. It should be fun!
Old 09-27-2010, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

BUMP!

This is the last week in September. As it stands I've gotten two commits(lonestar rubi & JeepGreen) and one definite maybe from Devijeep. Thanks guys!

This thread has been off the radar for a while and I want to make sure that people who might be interested/able/willing to participating see it while we are still a few weeks away.

So, if you haven't seen the OP, go look and please let me know if you can come out.

Thanks for your interest. I hope to meet some of you there.

Cheers!
Old 09-27-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oct 16

BUMP!

This is the last week in September. As it stands I've gotten two commits(lonestar rubi & JeepGreen) and one definite maybe from Devijeep. Thanks guys!

This thread has been off the radar for a while and I want to make sure that people who might be interested/able/willing to participating see it while we are still a few weeks away.

So, if you haven't seen the OP, go look and please let me know if you can come out.

Thanks for your interest. I hope to meet some of you there.

Cheers!
I still plan on being there... looking forward to it. I see alot of JK's around town so maybe you could post some flyers at 4wheelparts and other 4x shops.

John
Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 AM
JK Junkie

Default Two Weeks Until the Event

Bump!

We are inside two weeks until the free for all. Plans for the event are getting pretty detailed, including the need for a detailed layout of exhibits. As it stands right now we have 5 confirmed Jeepers with possibly up to 11. I have initially told layout planners to allow for more rather than less. I advised for allocation of 18 Jeepers. I would love it if I actually ended with too little space.

Anybody who is interested in participating please look at this thread for details and then post up. I dare you to make me regret only having them allocate for 18 Jeeps.

Thanks for everybody who joins us!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:16 PM
JK Junkie

Default t-1 Week to Event

The free for all is one week from today. Plans are coming together, including the master layout. Jeeps will be front and center near a main roadway that is to the north and west of the church campus. I've attached an image of the layout to this post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FFA2010 WIP Plat Layout.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	94086

The layout shows 12 Jeeps, but the area where they are shown will hold 19 or 20 vehicles. We currently have 8 committed Jeepers with a possible total of 15. I'd love to see the area full. Being up near the roadway will ensure Jeep visibility and hopefully attract in drivers by.

I will be posting additional updates on this thread for participants to look at. If anybody is willing or able to participate, please feel free to post up on this thread, or PM me. We'd love to have you!

Thanks to those who have already committed. I really appreciate your participation and look forward to meeting you.

Cheers!

Quick Reply: Show Off Your Rig For Charity