Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

show off your off road evo tir carrier

Old 11-18-2010, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default show off your off road evo tir carrier

i was just thumbing thru my new 4x4 garage jk edition mag and they have a whole section dedicated to rear bumpes and tire carriers. they break everything down from price, any extras you need, and what not. and it has the basics like the warn bumpes, the rugged ridge, the smittybilts. but i was just wondering if anyone is running this tire carrier?? i went to evo's web site and they don't have the rear just the front bumper. it's kinda like the rror one but alot cooler
Old 11-19-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Super Freak

no one??? well the evo one is just like this in pic but better looking imo. this is the river raider one...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	rockreartireCAGE_2.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	103366  
Old 11-19-2010, 11:29 PM
JK Super Freak

none??? i figured off road evolutions would chime in here....
Old 11-20-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Not even close

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
no one??? well the evo one is just like this in pic but better looking imo. this is the river raider one...
The EVO tire carrier is nothing like the River Raider carrier. The EVO is made of more robust diameter tubing, swings open to the side (not down like the RR), has huge Johnny Joints for adjustment. Just seems like the EVO is beefier. Below Offroad Evolutions "EVO 1" with the EVO carrier

Attachment 103545

Last edited by Robar; 11-20-2010 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Banned member
Old 11-20-2010, 08:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
The EVO tire carrier is nothing like the River Raider carrier. The EVO is made of more robust diameter tubing, swings open to the side (not down like the RR), has huge Johnny Joints for adjustment. Just seems like the EVO is beefier. Below Offroad Evolutions "EVO 1" with the EVO carrier

Attachment 103545
that is exactly what i'm looking for! thanks bro. i wasn't saying that they were similiar in quality just in looks in a sense. i lik how the last pic is parked next to a surburban with a piss on jeep sticker, while it has ghetto rims on it

Last edited by Robar; 11-20-2010 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
that is exactly what i'm looking for! thanks bro. i wasn't saying that they were similiar in quality just in looks in a sense. i lik how the last pic is parked next to a surburban with a piss on jeep sticker, while it has ghetto rims on it
Yep, figured you just meant they were similar in that respect. I am sure the River Raider piece is great kit too, just a different approach to an application. I have seen other RR items in person, and they definitely make quality stuff. I really like their narrow flat fenders. The Offroad EVO tire carrier is next on my list, in fact, since my JK is at their shop now I may see about having that added to my work being done. I need a stout piece to carry my 40" spare. Also, check this thread out, HolyMolyRaacing runs the EVO on his rig.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...us-is-for-Sale
Old 11-20-2010, 09:13 AM
JK Newbie

maybe i just cant find it,but does evo advertise their carrier on their website?
Old 11-20-2010, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by gamble3527
maybe i just cant find it,but does evo advertise their carrier on their website?
No, not sure why. It's a very pricey item, but I think it is reasonable for it's quality and intended purpose. You need their rear fenders also to run the tire carrier, so that is an additional cost to figure in. There have been inquiries before on this forum about the carrier and usually the guys from EVO chime in and say to give them a call. Just call the shop and talk to Brett the shop manager about it.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

sounds good, thanks man!

Old 11-20-2010, 09:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Would this tire carrier look goofy with a 35" tire? I'm starting to love this one...

Quick Reply: show off your off road evo tir carrier