Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show me your OME

Old 02-21-2008, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for Crossbones

I'm thinking about the same OME set up you posted. I prefer the stiffness of the 315 LT's you've got vs 35's. Very nice! Couple questions if you don't mind...

Did you drive it at all before the new track bars and if so how did it handle on road?Are adjustable trackbars a must with tires that size?

Did you have to adjust the castor and toe in or did you leave it stock?

Any rubbing/binding with articulation?

Seems like those tires would be a bit on the big side for the OME 2"/heavy lift; I'm impressed how well those tires seem to fit the lift; any problems or regrets?

Great looking jeep!
Old 02-21-2008, 03:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Frozen40
I'm thinking about the same OME set up you posted. I prefer the stiffness of the 315 LT's you've got vs 35's. Very nice! Couple questions if you don't mind...

Did you drive it at all before the new track bars and if so how did it handle on road?Are adjustable trackbars a must with tires that size?

Seems like those tires would be a bit on the big side for the OME 2"/heavy lift; I'm impressed how well those tires seem to fit the lift; any problems or regrets?

Great looking jeep!

Thanx!

I installed the track bars at the same time as the lift, I would say right now needs castor adjustment did not adjust toe yet waiting for it to settle a bit first...I am waiting for my brake relocation brackets before I attempt any articulating...(cmon Northridge!) very tight ... absolutely no regrets! looks great...
Old 02-21-2008, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default Crossbones...

Thanks Man, I appreciate the quick feedback.

I've had OME lifts on two of my landcruisers and they are solid. They make reliable products. I think a set of OME coils will be going under my rubicon this spring.

Just wondering, any reason you didn't go with the adjustable trackbars that have been advertised on these threads lately?

Like I said, that's one Hard looking jeep!
Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Great looking jeep!

same set up here. fits 35s great at this point. plan to put more weight on shortly, but ride is ok. Little bump steer that I am trying to tweak.

Old 02-22-2008, 10:27 AM
JK Freak

So Beancounter...are you going on the ride with us sunday ?? lol i want to see that thing in person
Old 02-22-2008, 10:39 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by bofer84
So Beancounter...are you going on the ride with us sunday ?? lol i want to see that thing in person
Hoping too. Still going to depend on my kids sports. I did make contact with Yellow JK on the tow points.
Old 02-22-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Newbie

Beancounter... Do you have a side view you can post? I've got Nate's larger front bumper and a warn m8000 on the front and I'm wondering if the 35's will be a front clearance problem with the extra weight up front?
Old 02-22-2008, 11:08 AM
JK Newbie

Beancounter... Do you have a side view you can post? I've got Nate's larger front bumper and a warn m8000 on the front and I'm wondering if the 35's will be a front clearance problem with the extra weight up front?

Not sure what you mean by side view. To me the one posted was side view. Let me know if you need a different angle and I will try to get a picture taken and posted over the weekend.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Newbie

Beancounter, I don't see a picture on your post.

I bet it's my computer and not the post. I'll try it again from a different computer tonight.
Thanks...
Old 02-22-2008, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

I should have my OME next week from Northridge. I went with the HD set up and I have a 1" body lift. It should give great clearance for my 35's. Looks great Beancounter!

Originally Posted by Beancounter
same set up here. fits 35s great at this point. plan to put more weight on shortly, but ride is ok. Little bump steer that I am trying to tweak.

Quick Reply: Show me your OME