Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show me your barebones C-Channel bumpers

Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Show me your barebones C-Channel bumpers

I'm looking to keep things simple and use a piece of 6" c channel and some shackle mounts for a front bumper.

There are some pics spread around the forum, but nothing I can find in one spot. Post up with your specs- width, cost, etc. Thanks in advance-
Old 05-20-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by George F.
I'm looking to keep things simple and use a piece of 6" c channel and some shackle mounts for a front bumper.

There are some pics spread around the forum, but nothing I can find in one spot. Post up with your specs- width, cost, etc. Thanks in advance-
I know that you have seen mine, but I'll give you a bump and some pics. Started with two 5 foot sections of 6x2. Cut the front down following the outer edge of the grill and left the rear 5 foot.

Hope to replace hooks with shackles soon and install some recently acquired Daylighters.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0537.jpg
Views:	813
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	162577   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_0495.jpg
Views:	1143
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	162578  
Old 05-22-2011, 06:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

This was actually an I Beam that I cut down into C channel. My brother had some scrap I Beam he took off a job. I was going to cut my stock bumper down and decided to just use the I Beam instead. Basically, just cut the I Beam into C channel. Then I cut the ends of the horizontle portion of the C channel off so that I could heat and bend the sides. Once bent to where I wanted them, I welded them in place. I added the D rings and eventually a winch mount. The winch is fully hidden inside the bumper, which also helps protect the synthetic line from the elements (UV). The winch plate is attached to the frame, so the bumper removes independently from the winch. Makes removal easy. Here is a couple of pics:

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-23-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cell4soul
This was actually an I Beam that I cut down into C channel....
WOW ever drive through any brick walls with that thing?

Has anyone ever flipped the rear bumper c-channel "inside out"? that's what I'm thinking for a rear...
Old 05-23-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is what I made before I got my ARB.
I kind of miss this bumper, but I love my ARB...cut fenders or aftermarket flat flares would have looked good with it, but not really with the ARB...
Before end pieces and powdercoating

After end pieces and powdercoating.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great ideas here - keep them coming!

Quick Reply: Show me your barebones C-Channel bumpers