Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show me Pics of Accident / Collision / Wreck / Rollover / Fire / Damage of a JK

Old 03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Locklain
Do we know how well the cage would hold up even after adding an aftermarket bolt-on? It doesn't look like the tubing failed but the mounts surely did. To me, it seems, that unless you build a cage from the ground up it is just going to topple like Jenga blocks except with an aftermarket "sport cage" there would be more bars to keep your head off the asphalt.
The Sport cage from what I've seen not only adds bars but reinforces the weak points. Examble is the front where the factory cage ends at the windshield frame the sport cage connects the cage across the wondshield in the front and also extends down the a-pillar bracing down low to the frame. Also has some cool handles built in where it extends down toward the floor.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:38 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by trick50
The Sport cage from what I've seen not only adds bars but reinforces the weak points. Examble is the front where the factory cage ends at the windshield frame the sport cage connects the cage across the wondshield in the front and also extends down the a-pillar bracing down low to the frame. Also has some cool handles built in where it extends down toward the floor.
After having seen another thread that had shown one wreck from rollover i have already installed the Rock Hard sport cage front and rear with pading.
i know its only a reinforcment and not a true full cage, but its got to be better than factory, those stock bars scare me. i just dont see me cutting those stockers out and installing a top to bottom fabbed cage, as cool as it would look.

keep the pics coming....its aways good to know the weak spots so we can reinforce them....also these pics are kinda like watching scary movies....cant turn away.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Texas Trailmaker
After having seen another thread that had shown one wreck from rollover i have already installed the Rock Hard sport cage front and rear with pading.
i know its only a reinforcment and not a true full cage, but its got to be better than factory, those stock bars scare me. i just dont see me cutting those stockers out and installing a top to bottom fabbed cage, as cool as it would look.

keep the pics coming....its aways good to know the weak spots so we can reinforce them....also these pics are kinda like watching scary movies....cant turn away.
I hear you. I may have to invest in one of these sport cages . . . these pics are a bit much.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Locklain
I hear you. I may have to invest in one of these sport cages . . . these pics are a bit much.
I did an OR-Fab up front and custom rear. As good as mine will get, I feel it's much more suited to keep me somewhat together if I ever flop it.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:24 AM
JK Newbie

Quick story my girlfriend lives an hour away so on my way home late one night I hit a deer with my Grand Cherokee doing 70mph. I had been looking around for a JK so I knew what I wanted... Found a great deal on one up by her, well on the way home it happened again. I was about 10 miles from the dealership when a fawn ran out in front of me.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ksk
You dont know how fast that jeep was goin when he rolled over....or the specifics of the crash, so u cant make assumptions....for all i know the dude could of rolled it off a bridge...no cage is gonna help u if u do that...my 2 cents

KSK
That is totally true. I am thinking that the guy had fallen alseep at the wheel hit a guardrail, but don't quote me. I remember when he posted those pictures.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:26 PM
JK Newbie

keep the shiny side up, rubber side down
Old 03-06-2010, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iskreem
Quick story my girlfriend lives an hour away so on my way home late one night I hit a deer with my Grand Cherokee doing 70mph. I had been looking around for a JK so I knew what I wanted... Found a great deal on one up by her, well on the way home it happened again. I was about 10 miles from the dealership when a fawn ran out in front of me.

well u now have a justifiable reason to upgrade ur lights to those new shiny IPF lenses and bulbs from northridge!!

u got some shitty luck with deer. what was the road u were on so i dont go there?
Old 03-06-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ffemt86
Attachment 38091

Attachment 38092

This was my accident earlier this year, I ran a red light at about 35 mph and T-boned the Rav-4 and flipped him. After a month in the shop the jeep was as good as new!
Id sue the shit out of you...and this post would be my first piece of evidence
Old 03-06-2010, 08:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 09jaykay
Not my jk but my friends, Thank god he walked away uninjured.
2009 unlimited
Good to hear no one was hurt. That SUCKS!!

Quick Reply: Show me Pics of Accident / Collision / Wreck / Rollover / Fire / Damage of a JK