Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show me Pics of Accident / Collision / Wreck / Rollover / Fire / Damage of a JK

Old 02-25-2010, 05:46 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoridinTX
Damn Skippman that sucks. Hope everyone was ok. Make sure your frame is ok, it may not look like it but it is probably bent.
If it was bent, what would he be able to do? would it be totaled?
Old 02-25-2010, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tommy35SS
If it was bent, what would he be able to do? would it be totaled?
Depends on how it was bent. Frame can be straightened at a body shop. Bases on what he described the damage should be minimal and can be corrected. However, what the insurance company does is another story.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Junkie

shit.. I hope I never have to add anything to this page
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
shit.. I hope I never have to add anything to this page
unless you accidently run over one of those "little" jeeps.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It WAS a Liberty. I don't know if it was based on the Nitro body style or not. I can tell you what it is NOW though. Toast.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NewfieScreech
I backed into a tree while off roading. I couldn't see it because my 37" spare restricts my rear view almost completely...I love it!!!

If you look closely you'll see that I pushed the bumper in until it hit the body, then the tree smashed the tail light, broke one of the plastic covers off the gate hinge and then a permanent dent on the corner of the body. All has been fixed now and I have a rear LoD bumper so that won't be happening again!

I guess I thought I had to match the rear to the front. So while climbing over a fallen tree deep in the forest I slid down the other side and hit another tree. I don't think the forest wanted me there that day...

Won't happen again because I put an LoD up there as well!

i did the same thing except that i didnt hit the body, the rear bump just folded in to within 3 cm of the tree hitting the same body panel corner but more of a glancing blow since i was in hard turn backing up. the passenger in the rear said"i think i hear something scruffing back behind me, is that normal??"
i stopped and walked around and said "uh, a tree has appeared and hit my jeep."
from the driver seat i looked in mirrors and turned around and the tree was not in view but it was touching my jeep. sad too because i had the top and doors off and the tree was small enough to hide behind the rear bar from the driver seat(it was a small tree but damaging nonethe less.-rear bumper had crinkle in the side of it now-time to upgrade to real rear bumper and dispose of plastic junk)
never touched the body but scared me to death so i got aev corners to protect them in case i do something similar but more disaterous.

keep the pics coming-show us so we can learn to protect ours from the same fate.

Last edited by Earth Siege; 02-26-2010 at 12:14 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:51 AM
JK Super Freak

heres mine from this past summer

... and theirs

my tire carrier was the only thing the broke, plastic bumper had a little dimpling but its getting replaced this summer anyway. the tire carrier broke the way it should have, in other words from looking at it they designed them to break away like this.

Last edited by JdTms11; 02-26-2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JdTms11
heres mine from this past summer

... and theirs

my tire carrier was the only thing the broke, plastic bumper had a little dimpling but its getting replaced this summer anyway. the tire carrier broke the way it should have, in other words from looking at it they designed them to break away like this.
it really worries me when i hear that they are designed to break.....i guess it is a safty thing..
Old 02-28-2010, 02:15 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Texas Trailmaker
it really worries me when i hear that they are designed to break.....i guess it is a safty thing..
Better than the tailgate breaking or bending...
Old 02-28-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Here was mine, smacked a deer doing about 60....

And for giggles, heres the deer...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3196.jpg
Views:	1591
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	37913   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3195.jpg
Views:	2349
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	37914  

Quick Reply: Show me Pics of Accident / Collision / Wreck / Rollover / Fire / Damage of a JK