Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Show me Pics of Accident / Collision / Wreck / Rollover / Fire / Damage of a JK

Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Show me Pics of Accident / Collision / Wreck / Rollover / Fire / Damage of a JK

i am curious how well the Jeep JK is build to take a hit/rollover/fire/other damage.
show me pics and an explanation of what happened.
it doesnt have to be your JK.

Warning-dont post a pic your of your damage without telling the your spouse or parents first!! Dont let this post be the way they find out!!
Old 02-25-2010, 03:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I backed into a tree while off roading. I couldn't see it because my 37" spare restricts my rear view almost completely...I love it!!!

If you look closely you'll see that I pushed the bumper in until it hit the body, then the tree smashed the tail light, broke one of the plastic covers off the gate hinge and then a permanent dent on the corner of the body. All has been fixed now and I have a rear LoD bumper so that won't be happening again!

I guess I thought I had to match the rear to the front. So while climbing over a fallen tree deep in the forest I slid down the other side and hit another tree. I don't think the forest wanted me there that day...

Won't happen again because I put an LoD up there as well!

Last edited by NewfieScreech; 02-25-2010 at 03:42 AM.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Reposted from my other thread.

Well, I was rear ended at speed today on Highway 70 coming into work near the Earth City Expressway. Traffic came to a quick stop. I was able to stop but the Liberty behind me plowed into me. I'm going to need a new tail gate for sure, but other than that I think I'm ok.

I have to say, the Expedition One rear bumper can take some SERIOUS abuse!

Here's my damage:

Here's the guy who hit me:

Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damn Skippman that sucks. Hope everyone was ok. Make sure your frame is ok, it may not look like it but it is probably bent.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Skippman

I can't get over this pic . . . they must have been flying when they bailed into your rear-end.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Locklain
I can't get over this pic . . . they must have been flying when they bailed into your rear-end.
Yea your rear-end got pounded hard.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stlfan06
Yea your rear-end got pounded hard.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

is that what it looks like?? You got rear-ended by a .... Jeep compass?,, or is that the new bodystyle of the Liberty... wow.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there is a few in the rollover thread i posted a month or two back. i'll have to find them
Old 02-25-2010, 04:27 PM
JK Junkie

i got some good ones i will have to post of my X unlimited that got totalled. pics are on my home comp. i will find them tomorrow and post em.

Quick Reply: Show me Pics of Accident / Collision / Wreck / Rollover / Fire / Damage of a JK