Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

should warrenty cover me??

Old 05-03-2011, 04:00 PM
jsl
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default soft top

Dealer replaced my whole soft top because of rear window zipper on top messed up.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:04 PM
JK Freak

just something i thought id throw out there, it will help make the zippers last longer and run smoother if you wax them. its what we use in coast guard and it does wonders. i dont know of any names off the top of my head but its like a crayon, i think sex wax might work and thats for surfing. hope my 2 cents helps some one.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SIDsjeep
just something i thought id throw out there, it will help make the zippers last longer and run smoother if you wax them. its what we use in coast guard and it does wonders. i dont know of any names off the top of my head but its like a crayon, i think sex wax might work and thats for surfing. hope my 2 cents helps some one.
The Dealership sold me some zipper cleaner/sealer made by mopar I think it was 10 bucks and it lubes it up really nice. Ask your dealership if they have some
Old 05-03-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Newbie

Just started haven this issue tonight. Just bought the jeep in feb. Put the soft top on last week. Now I can't get the back window out?? What a piece of sh!t !!!! I had to walk away from it before I tool a pair of needle nose to it.
Old 05-03-2011, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine got hung up too, but I managed to work it out...took about an hour
I now use the Mopar lub / cleaner bought it from Quad, works great
Old 05-03-2011, 04:54 PM
JK Newbie

my soft top is almost 4 years old and i am starting to notice the issue with the rear window each time it seems to be a hassle. it seems like the teeth dont line up properly. I have used a silicone spray and zipper wax for drysuits. hopefully this will let it last a little longer.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Same here. Mine was messed up from the factory. The first time I went to take it off I noticed it was off by two teeth. Finally got it out an put it in correctly. Has worked fine ever since.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Funny... mine was off too. When I bought my jeep the back window had black print on it. so they replaced it with one on the lot. He had a hard time getting both of them off and mine was off a tooth. Crazy... I think Jeeps needs to do a little QA on the soft top install line.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi

Biggest thing with soft top zippers is to keep them clean and lubed. If you try and unzip and it won't go, don't force it until you clean it good with soap and water, and lube it with something. If you try and force a dirty zipper you're asking for trouble.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:40 PM
JK Newbie

The first month I had my jeep, My soft top got a tear along the zipper line. I went to the dealership and they repalced it with no hassle at all. I would say you should be covered.

Quick Reply: should warrenty cover me??