Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

should warrenty cover me??

Old 05-02-2011, 07:49 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default should warrenty cover me??

went to jeep because the teeth on my rear window of the soft top got messed up and now i cant take off my soft top. i can only zip the zipper about 1ft up. went to jeep and they said jeep warrenty doesnt cover that, it was a user error. they said i need to buy a whole new soft top....... wtf. a soft top window is meant to be zipped on and off. the teeth got messed up, why is that not covered under warrenty???
Old 05-02-2011, 08:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Who did you talk with at the Dealership ?
Tech., Service manager, General manager.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
JK Freak

the tech, who spoke to 2 other people. i didnt get a chance to speal with anyone else cuz they were all "busy". im going to go back tomorrow and speak with the service manager though
Old 05-03-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

this happen to any one else?? the zipper problem???
Old 05-03-2011, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

Be an asshole and demand they fix it.. i'd walk in there yelling, but that's me.. it should be fixed!
Old 05-03-2011, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Mine is not completely messed up but it is getting there. It is just over a year old and I would be shocked if the zipper lasts one more. I thought these should last 5 years.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah fer sure they need to handle their business I'd be hacked off and coherse them to take care of it or else
Old 05-03-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

3 days after I bought mine I tried to take the windows out. The back windshield wasn't lined up when the manufacturer put it on and I couldn't get it off. I took it back and made them take it off, so hopefully now that it's on record at the dealer I'll be covered if need be. The design on the rear window zipper of the 2011 JK sucks in my opinion, you can actually pull the zipper PAST it's intended point.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
went to jeep because the teeth on my rear window of the soft top got messed up and now i cant take off my soft top. i can only zip the zipper about 1ft up. went to jeep and they said jeep warrenty doesnt cover that, it was a user error. they said i need to buy a whole new soft top....... wtf. a soft top window is meant to be zipped on and off. the teeth got messed up, why is that not covered under warrenty???
I had the same issue they changed my top and my back glass under warranty. All I had to tell the dealership was I could take my top off and I had a leak on the driver side in the front. Now it took them 4 hours and who knows how many people tried to unzip it. But then the took pictures and ordered it. Within 2 days the top to came in and 3 hours for them to change it.
Old 05-03-2011, 03:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default same here

Originally Posted by mattyhfd
this happen to any one else?? the zipper problem???
my 08' Rubi had this exact thing happen. I brought it to my favourite local dealer and the service advisor said because it was the rear window side that was damged that they would replace it under warranty. They gave me a little bit of a hassle at first due to the fact that i bought my Jeep without the soft top option and later purchased an 07' top from a co-worker. I said i could get them the V.I.N. from the donor Jeep to run it through the warranty that way but they were kind enough to go into the database and add the soft top to my records as a warrantable option upgrade
tried to get a new top but they said only if the zipper on the soft top side was damaged then they would replace it as well.
the new window is still a royal PITA so it stays out most of the time since i got my tub line-x'd.

Quick Reply: should warrenty cover me??