Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Short Vid - For anyone debating the OME LT kit.

Old 10-23-2010, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is it just me? when I disconnect my LT shocks with the HD +40 springs from the axle side, they only extend about 3" below the axle. That dont seem like it'll give me a lot of flex.:thinking:
Old 10-24-2010, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by w squared
To get the full benefit, you'll need to make sure that you've enough slack in the brake lines (buy longer ones), coil retainers on your your springs, and nice long sway bar links. From what I'm told you can run into issues if you try to run the LT shocks without upgrading those parts.
Yep,, thats what I did. Except I have not done the spring retainers yet.. and I need to.
Old 10-24-2010, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DTJK
is it just me? when I disconnect my LT shocks with the HD +40 springs from the axle side, they only extend about 3" below the axle. That dont seem like it'll give me a lot of flex.
The shocks have set rate of travel, so the higher you go up the less done travel you have and more up travel.
Old 10-24-2010, 09:24 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm running the Northridge OME LT kit as well and am loving it. I haven't tested it's full potential like in that video, but have cleared anything I've thrown at it to this point. Rides great too on road as my DD.

Here are a couple poser side profile pics to see the amount of lift you get in relation to some 35's. (3 1/2" up front and 3" in the rear for me.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5613.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	97685

Name:	IMG_5587.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	97686

Name:	IMG_5532.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	97688
Old 10-24-2010, 03:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DTJK
is it just me? when I disconnect my LT shocks with the HD +40 springs from the axle side, they only extend about 3" below the axle. That dont seem like it'll give me a lot of flex.
I don't knwo what would explain that. The rest of us aren't running the +40 springs - but those are only about 1.5 inches longer than the regular HD springs. I'd have to say that the rest of us are getting a lot more than 4.5 inches of total down-travel.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

It sure is nice to have a fellow calgarian show whats up with their JK! I noticed you got the CUrrie Uppers. Are they necessary or could I live without? ( I'm currently figuring out the options ill go with as im ordering this kit)

Quick Reply: Short Vid - For anyone debating the OME LT kit.