Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SEMA 2009 Day-2 Photos

Old 11-08-2009, 05:38 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vs_jk
Great pics! Don't some of these companies realize that they're adding too much aftermarket looking stuff on their JK's. I mean, look at that Bushwacker white one. Although it has a ton of nice stuff on it, they went way overboard and now it looks like a clown version of a JK. It's like the equivalent of one of those honda civics with a huge wing on the back or something stupid like that.
X2 Too much bling over function.
Old 11-08-2009, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

SO many new ideas, so little money. It would be cool if the vendors could send WOL a list of mods for their Jeeps so we can see what items there are on the Jeeps that we like and also give us an idea of where to get them.

I see some very practical mods I would like to have and also some impractical mods I would love to have, but may be harder to convince the wife that we need.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:11 AM
JK Jedi

Great pics! Don't some of these companies realize that they're adding too much aftermarket looking stuff on their JK's. I mean, look at that Bushwacker white one. Although it has a ton of nice stuff on it, they went way overboard and now it looks like a clown version of a JK. It's like the equivalent of one of those honda civics with a huge wing on the back or something stupid like that.
Out of curiousity (I'm not trying to pick a fight), please explain further. It's my understanding that the guy who had this Jeep built plans on wheeling it very hard. I can understand the paint not being for everone (I wouldn't want to scratch that work up every weekend), but it seems to me like the rest of the build is pure function, just executed in a way the happens to be easy on the eyes.
Old 11-08-2009, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

No problem, I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder

I just don't see the point of those mesh doors, lift that's too much for those tires (at least in my opinion), and what's with that ridiculous spare tire area, ugly painted bumper, and all white interior with all those monitors. And then there is that cheesy skull painted box. Just not my thing I guess.

The flares, tires, wheels, suspension, shocks, axles, transfer case are thumbs up however. At any rate, congrats to the owner because they definitely have a unique vehicle that's all their own.

Originally Posted by Mskh20
Out of curiousity (I'm not trying to pick a fight), please explain further. It's my understanding that the guy who had this Jeep built plans on wheeling it very hard. I can understand the paint not being for everone (I wouldn't want to scratch that work up every weekend), but it seems to me like the rest of the build is pure function, just executed in a way the happens to be easy on the eyes.

Last edited by vs_jk; 11-08-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Freak

I was always under the impression that this is exactly what shows are for! Going all out and showing people what you got and what you're capable of building Hmm.....
Old 11-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem, I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder

I just don't see the point of those mesh doors, lift that's too much for those tires (at least in my opinion), and what's with that ridiculous spare tire area, ugly painted bumper, and all white interior with all those monitors. And then there is that cheesy skull painted box. Just not my thing I guess.

The flares, tires, wheels, suspension, shocks, axles, transfer case are thumbs up however. At any rate, congrats to the owner because they definitely have a unique vehicle that's all their own.

Just note.
The Evo Coil Overs systems can be adjusted lower for the proper minimal lift height for those 37inch tires,and still achieve 14 inches of wheel travel
or you have the ability to adjust it higher for for that classic 80s look
Old 11-08-2009, 10:25 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Joe Lightfoot
Eddie, Great pics thanks for posting. I like the EVO Jeep the best
Thanks Joe
wish you were there
Mel
Old 11-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by m_syer
I like your Jeep best! haha I agree with you though, I like the evo Jeep So good!
Thanks M syer
Ya I like Joes rig too
There is something to be said a bout a rig that gets wheeled.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by BBirish
awesome pictures. i love how the evo jeep is actually all banged up on the bottom
Thanks you
I was not sure how people would take it .
Mel
Old 11-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

Originally Posted by Omaha
My favorite by far and away, however, was the EVO entry. That JK is flat sinister AND, best of all, it actually gets used. Check out the undercarriage - scars and rash from the trail everywhere. Trailer queens the rest IMO.
Thank you. I really do appreciate all the positive feedback.

Every mark on this rig has a story, place in time and location.

This rig has done and seen a lot in its short life.

This is a short list and doesn't include our regular wheeling and testing trips.

Ultimate Adventure 2008 and 2009
Detroit Locker Trail Tour 2007, 2008, and 2009
The Cover and Feature Vehicle - 4 Wheel Drive and Sport Utilily Mag 2009
Easter Jeep Safari, Moad 2007, 2008, and 2009
SEMA 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009
Offroad Expo 2006, 2007, 2008, and 2009
Rubicon Trail - 4 times
Disney Oklahoma - 2006 (stock drivetrain)
Johnson Valley - Sledgehammer - New Years 2006 (stock drivetrain)
TDS - 2007, 2008, and 2009

I use it as my everyday driver.

It it has been mine and many other manufacturers R & D guinea pig for new parts since the first hour we owned it.

This jeep evolves weekly.

It is an honor when I have customers and fans ask to see this rig and we will continue to show it as long as we are being ask .

Thanks again.
Mel

Quick Reply: SEMA 2009 Day-2 Photos