Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SEMA 2009 Day-2 Photos

Old 11-05-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The AEV rig is DEAD SEXY! I am looking into a build that is an overlander first and a trail rig second. This rig nailed it! Love to the see the AEV control arms. The rack looks interesting as well.
Old 11-05-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Super Freak

BTW, it absolutely kicks ass that Mel showed up with that bad ass rig a little dirty. And I didn't notice it at first, but check out the front drivers side fender and hood. Nice to see this, even at Sema. Balls.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Yes and that is a very nice feature - a well needed improvement over the cam bolts they used to push. The only thing I wasn't totally sure of was how small they seemed to be. Maybe they are strong enough bu they don't really look like it

I had Nth's (now AEV) upper control arms like that on my TJ... they were a PITA. The jam nuts came loose after every wheeling trip. Hopefully they've improved them, but the look identical to what Nth used to have.
Old 11-05-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by joneszj
BTW, it absolutely kicks ass that Mel showed up with that bad ass rig a little dirty. And I didn't notice it at first, but check out the front drivers side fender and hood. Nice to see this, even at Sema. Balls.
Mel's jeep is not a pretty boy trailer queen and he wheels it hard...I think he's even the R&D test pilot...these are pics of him just a week or two ago from the Roctoberfest...Mel you :rock

Old 11-05-2009, 01:15 PM
JK Freak

I really like the Smittybuilt fenders. The looks appeal to me. Eddie do they appear to be stout and able to withstand a decent hit with a tree?
Old 11-05-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Keep the pics coming!!!
Old 11-05-2009, 01:48 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by awdspider
i must be crazy because i think the smittybilt fenders look really cool. maybe because its nice to see some new ideas for fenders for our jk. these and overkill are some of the best ones i have seen. i give them an A+ for effort but a b- on execution, too me it looks as they could use a little bit more work. regardless, depending on price i would buy them as is.

-shaun h
the idea of them is definitely nice and i love innovation like this but, as is, they really didn't do anything for me. fwiw, we were told that tooling for them should be completed soon and they will be shipping from china in about 6 months.

Originally Posted by gilbo943
what tube half doors are they running on the bushwacker cop 4x4? I really like the look of them.
nack doors

Originally Posted by Mskh20
Those are Camp's new nack doors. There is a whole thread on the design/build...check it out.
up, what he said

Originally Posted by scootrrydr
I like that tool box with the ARB compressor in it. Are those available?
yes, they are. talk to david at northridge4x4 about them as he was here securing a deal with arb
Old 11-05-2009, 01:52 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by JKJeremy
do you have any more information on the rack that's on the AEV Jeep and any pictures of how it's mounted would be great.....i really like the minimal look of that....
similar to all the others, there are tracks that get attached to the hard top and the rack attaches to it.

Originally Posted by john smack
MORE pics of the EVO rear tire carrier!!
check last years sema show photo gallery as there are a bunch in there.

Originally Posted by LD50
i really like that smittybilt stinger but i cant find it on there web site any one have any idea about if it is a one off for the show or they jsut havent updated there web site?
it's pretty much the same as their TJ bumper just modified to fit the JK.

Originally Posted by saltman
Weird the way they look like copper. I hope it's not copper. Hopefully, yellow zinc chromate.
it's zinc.

Originally Posted by Prope
I had Nth's (now AEV) upper control arms like that on my TJ... they were a PITA. The jam nuts came loose after every wheeling trip. Hopefully they've improved them, but the look identical to what Nth used to have.
yup, exactly the same as the old nth "low-buck" upper control arms that were made from the TJ.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:57 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
I really like the Smittybuilt fenders. The looks appeal to me. Eddie do they appear to be stout and able to withstand a decent hit with a tree?
well, being that the fronts are made as complete body panel replacements, yeah, it looked pretty stout but the rears bolt over the body and so that's a different story. i don't know, i love the innovation and definitely give them a thumbs up for effort but it does bother me a bit that they are made in china. not that i'm not all for a capitalistic world economy, experience has just taught me that the quality of chinesse made off road products are typically inferior to products made in the u.s. or canada. but, that's just me.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by NTXJK
Every builder that had a part in the JK builds mad props to yah makes me want to dip into the pocket book and spend
I think you mean makes you want to spend even more so than normal, just coming on this site makes me want to buy some new goodies, the bank account is slowly coming back which means time to start browsing Long arm or coilovers, decisions decisions

Quick Reply: SEMA 2009 Day-2 Photos