Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Security Issues

Old 02-26-2014, 03:54 PM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb Security Issues

This is for those of you thinking of install the duster cover in your Wranglers:

For about 2 years in the knowing that we were going to get the Bestop half top system (Bikini, Jammer & Duster) I've thought about this idea.. and over the summer I thought is best to get motivated into actually creating it.
We were camping in the North Carolina Mountains and wanted to go for a short hike.. Leaving the jeep untended but locked. we headed off up and around a hiking trail, About 1 hour passed and we return to the campsite.. only to discover that the jeeps duster cover had been disturbed.. It wasn't clear if they (whom ever) wanted to actually remove the cover or just see if there was anything in the jeeps bed.
The thing is.. if these persons had seen us and wanted to look in the jeep while we were there, I would have let them. Nothing was missing from the rear of the jeep.. Once back home and as part of my idea, I searched for a slightly used plastic bed liner.. found one within a few days and even had to have a friend deliver it for me.. spending several hours cutting, shaping and test fitting the plastic bed liner.. ending up with a ridged/ribbed shell over the bed. Resting and attached to the side rails but just under the duster cover.
The only way one can tell its there, is the slight ridges along the rail area of the bed.. I had to ease this area as not to rub the duster cover. Thou this was back during the summer months.. the bed liner has drooped slightly.. Now I'm set out on upgrading this idea with 2 or 3 stiff riblets riveted into the channel running from fender to fender.. and will post pics of this when the weather warms.

Last edited by JeepWranglerNation; 02-26-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Security Issues