Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Secure rear storage and seat covers

Old 08-02-2007, 08:48 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drojk
Pics of the dual battery installation please?
Heres a pic of the Optima up front with the Hellroaring isolator. The feed to the rear batt goes through the hole in the firewall that is foam filled. The bracket for the isolator uses the batt tray mounting bolt on the firewall

The Diehard is mounted on its side under the fridge in a bracket I fabed uo. The bracket for the battery and the fridge are all one and use the four seat mounting bolts for hold down. Everything sits off the tub so the carpeting can slide in and out under everything if it gets wet.

Old 08-03-2007, 09:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dsy
Heres a pic of the Optima up front with the Hellroaring isolator. The feed to the rear batt goes through the hole in the firewall that is foam filled. The bracket for the isolator uses the batt tray mounting bolt on the firewall

[IMG][/IMG]

The Diehard is mounted on its side under the fridge in a bracket I fabed uo. The bracket for the battery and the fridge are all one and use the four seat mounting bolts for hold down. Everything sits off the tub so the carpeting can slide in and out under everything if it gets wet.

[IMG][/IMG]
This freakin emphasizes my need to buy a welder. Someone needs to do some write ups about welding and welding supplies.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:36 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JackMacOKC
This freakin emphasizes my need to buy a welder. Someone needs to do some write ups about welding and welding supplies.
I'm just teaching myself how to weld. Have read about everything I can get my hands about the, how to and why. Now its down to practice. There is a lot of good info on welding and such over on Pirate4x4 fourm. I've always been boy builder and am finding that working with steel is great fun I started gathering my welding equipment as soon as I ordered my JK July of last year.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak

thats a great setup, nice attention to detail. Perfect for camping. Make sure you share a load of picture you take on your trips.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go ahead, start a new company.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Wow...one of the better mod posts of late...

I'm sorely tempted to drive to Toledo and pore over this vehicle in detail. There's about 8 things I'm interested in that meet most of my desired improvements.

What a great job! Congrats and many happy miles!
Old 02-07-2008, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nice job ! I have been thinking about purchasing a frig similar to yours. Have you used it enough to give a sound evaluation of it. I am particularly interested in their operation in the hot summer months.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:22 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by oneal
Nice job ! I have been thinking about purchasing a frig similar to yours. Have you used it enough to give a sound evaluation of it. I am particularly interested in their operation in the hot summer months.
Sorry I see I'm a little late on the reply.. I've had the fridge running 27-7 since I installed it. Its one of those things that after having it, I wonder how I ever got by with out it. I pretty much use it every day whether is just getting out a cold bottle of water or stashing my lunch for the ride or keeping the ice cream frozen after hitting the grocery store. The fridge got its hardest workout last Aug when we went out to UT and AZ. In AZ the temp was 115 deg every day we were there, but if you wanted even with the jeep sitting in the sun you could make ice cubes. Its been in my jeep all winter here so its been through many hard freeze also with out missing a beat.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Default More Pictures

DSY, I like what you've done to your JK. Would it be possible to post more pics of the rear shelf? Specifically, it's mounting points, how you notched around the roll bar, and a view of the supports of the bottom. I've been considering building one myself and am looking for more ideas. Is there anything you would change on it?
Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default reply

Thats a very pretty jeep. Here is my rear storage set up:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ME 014.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	16561   Click image for larger version

Name:	ME 018.jpg
Views:	152