Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Secure rear storage and seat covers

Old 08-01-2007, 09:52 PM
dsy
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Secure rear storage and seat covers

Got a bunch of new mods almost done. Did a home brew secure storage in the rear. Its stout as hell and floats off the bed. Used all existing bolt holes for mounting. Did not have to change anything from stock Carpeting can all stilll be put in or taken out without any problem. Anyone wants to break into it will have to pry off the rear gate to get access to anything. Was using a teraflex cb antenna mount but did not like how low it sat and it did not allow enough give in the antenna when it got bent back. The tire did not allow it to flex back when the antenna hit something. So I made a new bracket that gets the 3' firestick up higher and allows it to move when it catches on something.

Also installed a second battery, one of the new DieHard Platinum marine deep cycle glass mat type under the refrigator. Have a Hellroaring isolator up front under the hood. Running all my aux loads off the secondary battery. Guess I should have taken the cover off for the pic but its there. Again used all existing bolt holes for mounting everything.

Also got my Wet Okle seat covers installed. They are very comfortable to sit on. I was trying to go cheap and did not order the rear seat covers since the small seat is gone anyway and the other is down alot. But after seeing the fronts I will be getting the rears also. Can not see it real well but the laptop mount is powder coated now.

Old 08-02-2007, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Amazing

It looks great excellent job. I love the look. Where did you pick up those seat covers?
Old 08-02-2007, 04:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

looks great! i really like the idea of using all existing holes.
Old 08-02-2007, 04:59 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by thehaf
It looks great excellent job. I love the look. Where did you pick up those seat covers?
Orderd online directly from Wet Okole. (Wetokole dot com) The head rest covers are a little loose but some foam padding under them will take care of that.
Old 08-02-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Newbie

Pics of the dual battery installation please?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:10 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by drojk
Pics of the dual battery installation please?
Check back, will try and get some up tonight.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good .I kind of wanted to make my own cover for the rear area but cover it with carpet and put a rack on it. I don't need any thing that secure just somthing that will keep prying eyes out but will work with my soft top folded. what did you use? is that 3/4in plywood?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey dsy, you have done some innovative mods. did you weld the railing yourself? It all looks very solid. The cooler mount is great also.

Sorry for off subject, but I love your cb install did you do a post on it? How much room is in the speaker bar
Old 08-02-2007, 06:49 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepthrill
Looks good .I kind of wanted to make my own cover for the rear area but cover it with carpet and put a rack on it. I don't need any thing that secure just somthing that will keep prying eyes out but will work with my soft top folded. what did you use? is that 3/4in plywood?
Yep its 3/4 oak ply, with that supported by 1 1/2" angle iron that is bolted to the roll bar going in from the back side of the rear seat belt mounting location.
The front of the platform is supported by the steel wall at the back of the rear seat, which is bolted to the rear seat mounting bolts. No part of the box comes in contact with the body tub. I built it like that to make it easy to clean up and to leave no sign that it was there if I ever take it out. I plan on leaving it in perm as long as I own the Jeep as it fits my needs.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:11 AM
dsy
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jonnyworld
Hey dsy, you have done some innovative mods. did you weld the railing yourself? It all looks very solid. The cooler mount is great also.

Sorry for off subject, but I love your cb install did you do a post on it? How much room is in the speaker bar

Yes I did all the welding. Was the only way to get what I wanted. It is very strong. I tend to overbuild things

I didnt do a write up of the cb install because it was all pretty straight forward.
There is not a ton of room in the sound bar but right around the speakers there is some free space. Enough to hide the head unit for the Cobra anyway.

Quick Reply: Secure rear storage and seat covers