Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Seat Covers - Best Bang for my Bucks (Function & Fit)

Old 12-22-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by action.is.go
I'm looking into aquiring a set of seat covers for my Rubi. What I have found is that there nare a great number of options out there. I'm interested in know what types your all running with, and maybe their Pro's & Con's (ie fit, materials, wear tolerance, extra storage if any....) Post them up with any facts or opinions.
I use wet okoleys , they are spend but very much worth it
Old 12-22-2011, 06:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was in the same boat as you about 2 months ago. I wanted something super durable that would resist my dogs claws, but also be totally water resistant. After a ton of research, I ended up going with marathon superhides.

My initial thought when I opened them was that they don't look all that heavy duty... especially compared to wet oakle or other neopremes. ... After putting them on though... Totally different story. Their material is bulletproof! I don't worry about the dog at all. The fit is perfect and we actually had some rain last week here in AZ so I did some puddle splashing, and the water just beads up on them... towel your seat off and you're good to go.

Each order is custom made, so expect to wait for about 6 weeks.... But totally worth it. I'd definitely recommend the superhides to anyone.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

For those looking for a true waterproof seat cover, do not get neoprene. Neoprene will absorb water to help keep liquids from getting on your seats, but will eventually soak through.
Old 12-22-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Selling my Mopar neoprene seat covers, in the for sale section.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default smittys

My smittybilts are maybe 3 years old now, and they are a pretty cheap product... in both ways, yes the price is great, but they are cheap. They did what I wanted, kept seats clean, kept dog hair off, but I'm going to get the marathon ones come spring.
When i first put the smittybilts on, one of them ripped. instead of sending them back i just sewed that section myself. They have been through the washer just fine and clean up. Definitely fade if they are in the sun. Areas not in the sun really show the difference.
Also, the drivers seat left corner is really worn through because of in and out.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:00 PM
JK Newbie

What happend to mustmotoring.com? I need a black on black neo seat cover for a 2 door!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Massive variance of opinion and success here.

Other than $WeOkole$ can I say they rank like this in quality of stitching and durability:

Coverking
Rugged Ridge
Smittybuilt
Old 02-12-2012, 10:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Angst
Stay away from Iggy. Terrible customer service, expensive and after a year they were tearing at the seams already!
Maybe you got Iggy and not IGGEE. My IGGEE's are top notch fitment and quality! Absolutely happy with mine!
Old 02-12-2012, 03:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by MossyOak2011JK
What happend to mustmotoring.com? I need a black on black neo seat cover for a 2 door!!!
We ordered ours from there a little over a year ago. They advertised a lifetime warranty but appear to have gone out of business. Their covers where made, shipped, and warranted by Coverking. The initial quality was excellent. However the drivers side cover is ripping at the seam and the back seat cover is faded and cracking despite using 303 on it regularly. When I called them the guy who answered was absolutely no help, very apathetic and could care less that the product did not hold up. He said go through the retailer. I said they don't exist anymore. He said we have a 1 year warranty. Didn't offer anything as a solution. Not impressed. Going Wet Okole or Seat Glovers next. Heard there customer service actually cares.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:56 PM
JK Newbie

Default Wet Okeoles

Just installed neoprene Wet Okeoles last weekend so can't say how they will stand up. Fit is great and easy to install. I got front and rear which allows for the 60/40 split. I even sprung for the optional lumbar support and heat options. Must be getting soft in my old age but these Okeoles are plush for a seat cover and I really like the added lumbar support. Quality seems real good and I hope they stand up to the sun, sand, water and dog abuse they will get. Sorry but didn't think to take pics.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers - Best Bang for my Bucks (Function & Fit)