Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Screamin Lizard Installing a TeraFlex 3" Full FlexArm System and 5.13 Gears;C-Gussets

Old 08-08-2009, 10:46 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screamin Lizard Installing a TeraFlex 3" Full FlexArm System and 5.13 Gears;C-Gussets

Starting on the 5.13 Gears in the rear.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:54 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish had you guys do my 5.13s... You guys do some great work.
Old 08-08-2009, 11:30 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

These Yukon Gears for the rear set up very nice, as good a factory

Old 08-08-2009, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

i wish you guys were more local to me.. I have no shop like this near me.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by MarcusRTJ
How much do you fellers charge for a gear change on a 44/30 combo to 5.13s?

I'm considering doing this before I buy wheels.
I think I read in the sponsor section that they do the gear change with yukon gears and install evo axle Cs, all parts and labor for $1500. I think. If so, it is a smoking good deal.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:07 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
SLC offers thes gears. We offer 1509 for gears, install kits, fluid, and Yes the Off Road Evolution C Gussetts. Call us or Dave and we can hook you up.

Gerry
found it! I think that is an awesome deal. I payed over 1200 just for gears! the shop is not SLC caliber either.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:25 PM
Sponsoring Vendor

I have seen cheap and I have seen good. Make sure you watch because that is just a low low crazy price for any shop.

Gerry
Old 08-08-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by racer83l
i wish you guys were more local to me.. I have no shop like this near me.
Westbury Goodyear in Westbury. Talk to Evan. He has been fixing, building, and wheeling Jeeps for years. He knows them inside and out. One of the main guys in my club, Long Island Off Road. ASE Certified, etc.etc.etc. Great welder too!
Old 08-08-2009, 07:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
I think I read in the sponsor section that they do the gear change with yukon gears and install evo axle Cs, all parts and labor for $1500. I think. If so, it is a smoking good deal.

I remembered that too.. and they offering a rental car for the day too!!!

Here's the thread. It was listed as an introductory deal for forum members ($1599+tax). Nonetheless that's unreal. AND its a quality install.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Don't Skimp

Gear installs are something you don't want to skimp on. Like Gerry said, there is a difference between "Cheap" and "Good".

A good friend of mine took his 08 Rubi to a "professional" Offroad shop that is only a few miles from my house. He called me to tell me the incredible deal he was getting on his gear install. Well, to make a long story short, his Jeep has been back to the shop twice and still makes a god-awful whining noise (coming from the gears) not to mention they screwed up the actuators in his front locker . The shop replaced the gears once and is now telling him that he'll just have to live with the whine and the broken locker.

I had already heard horror stories from other people who had been to this shop. So the decision was easy.

I have also had other work done at SLC and have been more than happy. So...I made the 4 hour drive and couldn't be happier. The gears set up great and run as smooth as the stock 4.10's. Make sure you go with a shop that has experience with installing JK gears as well, especially if you have factory lockers. SLC is at the top of the list when it comes to gear installs, fab work, exhaust, you name it.

Adam is the man[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by RAZORBACK; 08-09-2009 at 06:03 AM.

Quick Reply: Screamin Lizard Installing a TeraFlex 3" Full FlexArm System and 5.13 Gears;C-Gussets