Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Saw this IN the mall

Old 01-16-2012, 06:19 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know what bumper that is?
Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
It would look much better without the ebay front bumper, but still is a Jeep.
Originally Posted by Uncle Pete
Anyone know what bumper that is?
Not quite eBay, more like Wild Boar's $900 modular bumper. The eBay versions are copies.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:43 AM
JK Newbie

Default A few answers since I haven't checked this in a while

Forgot to mention I paid $29K for mine when it was all said and done, but it's a sport. Most built sitting on the lot started as rubicons. Last time I was up there, they had one in the showroom for $54K! Full package. Front and rear bumpers, winch, KC lights, rocklights built into the bumper, 18" ATX wheels and 35" Nitto mud grapplers, 4" lift, sunroof angled hardtop, swing away tire carrier, hi-lift, AEV heat reduction hood, and snorkel on a 4dr rubi. Wish they were doing the hoods when I got mine. Everything else, I'm adding on now for alot less than they charge.
Front and rear bumpers are Aries Automotive. Pretty crappy design once you get into them. The more I look at it now, the more I hate it.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

Default Built vs bought?

So wat is everyone's take on the "Bought not built" Jeeps the dealerships are selling? Here in KC it appears that anytime I spot a nice Jeep from a distance I get up to it and it's a freakin Mercenary. Don't get me wrong, they are sharp, but just the shear knowing that someone just liked the look and didn't put any time into it rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's more my issue than others, just trying to get some other takes on it.

The mercenaries usually spot the color match wild board hardtop (very cool), at least 35 inch Nitto Trail or Mud Grapplers, and I have been seeing more 20 inch rims on them. Usually nice bumpers front and back and sometimes winches. Sharp rides no doubt, but it just seems like a waste. I know, to each his own and I am surely not trying to start an arugment between

BUILT VS BOUGHT, but I want some other opinions.

Thanks!
Old 01-20-2013, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

RE: bought vs built

Im sure there are many possibilities on this...

*Because they can afford to (or because mom and dad can afford to)

*because they are not mechanically inclined, to do it themselvs

*because they work 60+ hrs/week to afford it and want to spend their limited free time enjoying vs building

*because they are impatient as hell and "want it all and want it yesterday"

I'm sure the list goes on...
Old 01-20-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

My Jeep was built by Adams Jeep in Aberdeen MD. Being a daily driver I was looking for mild and 3.5" of lift and 35" Tires fit the bill. Adams did a great job and it has a lifetime warranty. With my three little ones and work hours I can't afford a weekend to add suspension mods. I do plan on doing the rest myself (I have done a lot already). Not defending myself but maybe there are other people in the same boat. Buy a fully tricked out Jeep (Winch, bumpers, lighting etc) and never leave the asphalt? That makes you a Tool.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by az-gunner
RE: bought vs built

Im sure there are many possibilities on this...

*Because they can afford to (or because mom and dad can afford to)

*because they are not mechanically inclined, to do it themselvs

*because they work 60+ hrs/week to afford it and want to spend their limited free time enjoying vs building

*because they are impatient as hell and "want it all and want it yesterday"

I'm sure the list goes on...
I'd like to add: who says the build is complete?

As long as the rig sees dirt and the owner has fun. But I'll trade tops.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:52 AM
JK Newbie

I bought a started mercenary and only got what I could get cheaper going through them. The rest was labored through and well worth more to me than the bought/installed parts that have mostly been chopped up to accommodate other modifications. Jeep doesn't warranty aftermarket lifts which I feel is a requirement to even use a jeep like it should be, but the shop that installed mine warranties their work. So that was a big factor. To each their own, but it seems around here I'm the only one that actually goes off road in a mercenary. If I didn't like it so much, I wouldn't bare the mall crawler name on the hood.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice set up all done up...Price I think is o-k...Color is the best of course...
Old 01-20-2013, 11:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by *********
I would have quietly removed the roof with a friend's help and taken it home.
Hahahaha no doubt.

Quick Reply: Saw this IN the mall