Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

SASQUATCH - Custom Rock Sliders

Old 08-18-2008, 09:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My GOD, did you have them WELDED to the frame??? LMAO. I reckon you don't plan on removing them. They look super heavy duty.
Old 08-18-2008, 02:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ohh the ideas you have made me spawn.I have been trying to think outside the box for ideas. Taking 1 1/4 sch 40 pipe and bending to fit as rock rails.And have them removable. I think I need to go buy a bender
Old 08-20-2008, 06:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
Is it going to affect anything having your frame and body tied together like that?
I retract my previous statement, when I'm wrong I admit it and hopefully it'll help others out here make well informed decisions based on us explorers...

It took me three days of hearing my wife saying "something is different, it rides rougher or different or something" ...

well I thought I ditched the rubber shock isolators when I installed the 2" BDS bodylift, that is incorrect, they are still on there, duh ...and they make more noise and rattles than an 89 YJ now. I considered that tieing to the frame would make noise but figured since I'd already lost the rubber isoloators and the Jeep rode just as smooth as could be that it'd be fine

Fortunately we designed the frame welded brackets to come off with relative ease for future removal of the body lift....that starts today. At noon I'm ordering all the stock parts I threw away or destroyed when I did the bodylift and the slider brackets come off, it'll be plenty strong enough as is with me going rock-crawling a whopping twice a year with my work schedule.

In Aerospace we call this a Lesson Learned
Old 09-20-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
I retract my previous statement, when I'm wrong I admit it and hopefully it'll help others out here make well informed decisions based on us explorers...

It took me three days of hearing my wife saying "something is different, it rides rougher or different or something" ...

well I thought I ditched the rubber shock isolators when I installed the 2" BDS bodylift, that is incorrect, they are still on there, duh ...and they make more noise and rattles than an 89 YJ now. I considered that tieing to the frame would make noise but figured since I'd already lost the rubber isoloators and the Jeep rode just as smooth as could be that it'd be fine

Fortunately we designed the frame welded brackets to come off with relative ease for future removal of the body lift....that starts today. At noon I'm ordering all the stock parts I threw away or destroyed when I did the bodylift and the slider brackets come off, it'll be plenty strong enough as is with me going rock-crawling a whopping twice a year with my work schedule.

In Aerospace we call this a Lesson Learned
after reading this it got me thinking twice befor doing it!

so could this set up be done with out tieing it to the frame?

Quick Reply: SASQUATCH - Custom Rock Sliders