Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Santa came early!

Old 12-15-2011, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Santa came early!

At long last, I was able to order and get my OrFab tire carrier! It arrived safe and sound, which is an understatement! It took me an hour to get it out of the box! They use a foam/glue that holds the carrier and its box of parts inside and I don’t think anything could hurt it in transit except for a fool with a forklift. Great job OrFab! I work for an LTL company, which will go un-named right now, that is notorious for destroying these kinds of packages. I don’t think even we could do anything to it, except for the above aforementioned forklift driver, yes we have plenty of those knucklheads.......

My first impressions are that it is well built and pretty nicely finished. It is a clever how it designed to attach to the Jeep. I can’t get to it until this weekend, but I will take pictures of the whole thing. The directions look fairly straight forward, I can’t wait!
Old 12-15-2011, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

post some pics when its done!
Old 12-16-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Absolutely!
Old 12-16-2011, 11:31 AM
JK Freak

Seriously the guys at orfab know how to make sure their products arrive safely. I got my front skid plate the other day and that thing was heavier from the foam than the metal skid plate.
Old 12-29-2011, 06:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DarkS1de
Seriously the guys at orfab know how to make sure their products arrive safely. I got my front skid plate the other day and that thing was heavier from the foam than the metal skid plate.
LOL!!! Darkside you are quite right, they definitely want their items to arrive safe and sound! Just take a look at the mess my 15 year old and I made of their packaging......
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2235.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	255793
Old 12-29-2011, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Oh, and here is the final result!

Santa did come early, but his elves (my son and I) were slow. It took us about 4 hours. No real issue except for understanding where to put the washers in the hinge. I took a chance and used my woodworking skills and drilled everything from outside, including the dreaded landing area. I have some handy tools that didn’t miss, so no need for the 90 degree drill, that I didn’t have. I am not saying this for everyone to do, but I pulled it off in one shot. The alignment was a lucky guess, I did what I thought and it was right on!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2250.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	255794

Quick Reply: Santa came early!