Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Safari Straps Review

Old 08-29-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safari Straps Review

After having the Safari Straps on the Jeep for spring and summer, I couldn't be happier with the product.
I purchased the Warrior extended cage for my 2 door to keep the dogs and camping gear inside. Any extra wind noise is not perceptable at all and it does not "flap". Visibility through the nets is great, yes they are there but not hindering in any way.
I have also just installed a custom made pet divider from them. I emailed the company and dealt with Maral.
I needed an adaptation of their 2dr jk divider, with quick disconnects so I could load the dogs on top of the camping gear once it was fully packed, and install the net back up fast. After a few emails they came up with this.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0998.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	204018
the net detaches from 6 points allowing easy access.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1000.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	204021

If you guys are looking for a net, their customer service is top notch, If you need something they don't have ask them they'll work with you to custom make one.

Last edited by junoh; 08-29-2011 at 02:25 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 02:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by junoh
After having the Safari Straps on the Jeep for spring and summer, I couldn't be happier with the product.
I purchased the Warrior extended cage for my 2 door to keep the dogs and camping gear inside. Any extra wind noise is not perceptable at all and it does not "flap". Visibility through the nets is great, yes they are there but not hindering in any way.
I have also just installed a custom made pet divider from them. I emailed the company and dealt with Maral.
I needed an adaptation of their 2dr jk divider, with quick disconnects so I could load the dogs on top of the camping gear once it was fully packed, and install the net back up fast. After a few emails they came up with this.
Attachment 204018
the net detaches from 6 points allowing easy access.
Attachment 204021

If you guys are looking for a net, their customer service is top notch, If you need something they don't have ask them they'll work with you to custom make one.
Wow. i really like this. i've been looking at one of these but the access for the dog while camping stuff is in the back was an issue. my bulldog is too big to go between the seat and B pillar. She often wants to climb upfront to sit on my wifes lap while wheeling.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The_Yeti
Wow. i really like this. i've been looking at one of these but the access for the dog while camping stuff is in the back was an issue. my bulldog is too big to go between the seat and B pillar. She often wants to climb upfront to sit on my wifes lap while wheeling.
Thats the same issue that i had, my dogs couldn't fit between the b pillar and seats either and my husky
wanted to use the whole armrest himself, I was constantly in a battle over it.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Super Freak

well i just picked up a rear netting from another forum member. Should be here next tuesday if this works out well i may look into this pet divider too.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

I have a 160lb bullmastiff he fills up the whole back of the 2 dr. with the seat out!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Reams
I have a 160lb bullmastiff he fills up the whole back of the 2 dr. with the seat out!
no camping without a trialer or some extreemly light gear in that!

Quick Reply: Safari Straps Review