Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Safari Straps , Leveling Kit , and Stubbie OH MY!

Old 08-31-2010, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safari Straps , Leveling Kit , and Stubbie OH MY!

Just installed some parts today and took it up the mountain for some "flexed-up" shots. I did NOT disconnet the swaybars for these shots so .... yea. I'll review each part seperately.

Safari Straps Warrior Net Extended Cage - I cannot say enough good things about this product. The quality is top notch. All metal rings, clips, and retainers. Reinforced stitching and fits PERFECTLY. Anyone ever think twice about getting this... DON'T. You wont be dissapointed. Had to call on Friday evening for some help on the install because i'm a moron and wasn't reading the directions and they were SUPER helpfull and didn't even laugh at me .. much.

Teraflex Leveling kit - I installed this with a large floor jack and basic hand tools in 1 1/2 hours. Space monkeys could put this think on. I didn't even take the wheels off. Gives the jeep a perfect stance with NO rake (the pictures are on a mountain so they don't show the true level stance). I already had 1.5" spacers installed as well.

Stock Stubbie Front Bumper - Sawzall and two bolts... why doesn't everyone do this? I also added stock tow hooks while I was at it, Also threw on a towhook on the trailer hitch. I used the directions on Project-jk.com.

On to the pictures, If anyone wants specific pics of something just let me know...

-

-

These shots aren't as good ( accidentally bumped my settings on the camera), but you can see the net better...

-

Last edited by Spdu4ia; 08-31-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great Thats the same setup Im wanting exept I'll be going with the duratracs. Just waiting for the stock rubber to ware out. Those are 285/70r17 right? and 3.73 gears?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

255/75 R17 with the stock auto gearing, whatever that is. I really need to upgrade that .

EDIT - I need to upgrade the GEARS... i love my wheel/tires

Last edited by Spdu4ia; 08-31-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:36 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great pics and a nice JK also!!
Old 08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Spdu4ia
255/75 R17 with the stock auto gearing, whatever that is. I really need to upgrade that.
Dunno, It looks pretty good the way it is. Tough call to make.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Before and After shots of the leveling kit on flat ground.

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 08-31-2010, 01:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good. This is what i plan on during pretty soon.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, Id leave the tire size alone after looking at your before and after pics. Looks awsome. Quick question; that leveling kit, its a actual lift, not a body lift?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

im not changing my tire size. I was talking about gears. It is a coil springs spacer 2" front and 1" rear.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Safari Straps , Leveling Kit , and Stubbie OH MY!

Safari Straps look good. I ordered mine last week, should be here on Friday. They are awesome people to work with, helped me save some money by suggesting an alternate set up for what I was wanting to do, how cool is that! Looking forward to getting and installing them. Any tips on the trouble you had so I don't make the same mistake?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick Reply: Safari Straps , Leveling Kit , and Stubbie OH MY!